Below are a few stages of separation you need to know about before separating from husband.
What Are The Stages Of Separation?:-
There are about 5 stages of separation. The number one is:-
- Denial:- In this stage of separation, you refused to accept that you and your partner are taking a break in your relationship. The reason is that your relationship is so important to you and you don’t want to talk or think about it. That will make you withdraw from your friends and family. It will finally get to the point where you’ll completely not want to cooperate with any plan at all. This will make your partner even more, and may also make the situation worse.
- Anger Stage of separation:- The second stage of marital separation is anger. It is usually anger against your partner or even yourself. At this point, it won’t be easy for you to make good decisions, because you are not feeling good with the other partner or yourself. This will also make it hard for you to cooperate or come up with any plan to resolve your issues. The anger stage of marital separation is always the reason why issues are hard to solve. This is because you are ready to iron it out in court or want your partner to pay dearly for their action; that will only create more issues and hurts at the end of the day.
- Feeling Guilty:- It is normal when you blame yourself for separating from husband. However, it will be much better to get rid of your guilt so you can move forward with yourself fast. I know it won’t be easy to come to terms with the emotional stress, but you have to treat yourself better and move on with your life. The advice is that you put yourself first and be easy too on yourself.
- Depression Sets In:- This is different from the denial you are feeling as well. It usually comes from deep sadness and especially when you know that your future is been threatened. This will also make you feel emotionally drained and overwhelmed. At this point, you won’t be all right coping with your failing routine, let alone trying to get things working again. It will be nice to seek help from professionals or friends, or else you’ll be overwhelmed by the emotional stress that follows. I advise you to seek a marriage counselor to help you out.
- Accepting The Situation:- At this point of separating from husband, you seem to have accepted the situation as it is. You are now in control of your life once again. This is also when you can make your best decisions and plans. You may feel great about yourself again at this point you have welcomed the coming change.
Separating From Husband: 9 Exclusive Things To Note Now.
Separating From Husband Doesn’t Mean The End To Your Marriage Or Life:-
Yes, you heard that right. Separating from husband may not necessarily mean your marriage has come to an end. Not at all.
Many couples have been in this situation, reconcile, and became very happy and committed. You only need to know how to get your marriage back after separation.
Another thing you must note is that even if your marriage proceeds to divorce after separating from your husband, then it is not the end of life.
Divorcing your husband may be the best decision you made to save both your life and your future. Therefore, don’t let it bother you much. It won’t be easy though, but it will be a thing of the past when you zero your mind to it.
Ponder On These Things:-
As you are getting ready to separate from your partner, it’s important you also ponder on these things below.
- How would you start the separation process?
- Where would you live after that?
- What will be the effect of the separation on your entire life?
- How would you cope after the separation?
Thinking about these things will help you know where to start and how to go about the separation.
Start on time to plan the necessary things like your finance as well as how to live during this time.