There are many reasons you want to separate from your husband, though you are not happy about separating at all. However, If the reasons for separating from husband are cogent, then you must take note of what I will share with you in this post.
Many things can make you think of separating from your husband, including abuse, cheating, lack of intimacy, lack of communication, trouble with finance, etc.
No matter what reasons you have for separating from husband, it is never an easy decision to make. You are going to lose your husband a little while from now, and it won’t be that easy.
When you remember the lives you had together as spouses, the good times you had, and the memories you share, you don’t feel like separating from husband, especially if you love him so much.
However, if there is nothing else you can do about it, then let me share with you some steps you’ll take before separating from husband.
What Does Separation Means In Marriage?
Separation means that you and your partner have decided not to live together again as a couple. Separation is very different from divorce unless you finally decide legally get a divorce.
Sometimes couples can still be under one roof, even though they are not acting as a couple and may have different places, or share in daily activities.
This can happen mostly when there are childcare or money issues. No matter how and where you are during the separation, it is good to note the reasons for the separation and to know how to go about the separation process.
According to Dr. John Guttman, a famous marriage and relationships researcher, and the writer of the seven principles of marriage, separation can’t just happen: there must be a reason, and you must see the signs too.
Below are a few signs that separation is on the way.
Signs Of Separation To Check.
- You have stopped working as a team:- Both cohabiting or married couples see their marriage as a big project, and they work as a team to build it. As the marriage starts dying, the teamwork will cease, and both couples start seeing each other as an opponent instead of a teammate.
- There are unfinished arguments:- Dr. Guttman said that arguments won’t make a marriage fail, but when there are many unsettled arguments, the relationship will be threatened, if not destroyed.
- Unable to forgive and forget:- You were so friendly and bonded when you first started. Nowadays you quarrel and fight for the same reason always. The worst of it all is that you hurt each other every time without remorse and you find it hard to also forgive.
- No more conversation:- Any relationship that lacks good communication is as good as dead. Now, you found out that you don’t have any reason to talk to each other, or even fight; all you want is to throw in the towel.
- All positive emotions have disappeared:- Another sign to know you are about to separate from husband is the complete disappearance of laughter, joy, peace, and even fights. It is resentment and grudges. You don’t have any good things to say about your better half anymore.
What Are The Stages Of Separation:-
Like I earlier said, separation doesn’t happen in a day. It takes time, and it usually starts with little arguments and fights and then gravitates to daily fights, and resentment sets in.