Separation in marriage is never a sweet thing, but sometimes, there is a need to let it happen so you can enjoy a fresh one. I have some divorce quotes to help you relax.
An adage says “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.”
This being said, may I advise that you take things easy? To help you get over the divorce soonest, I have selected some divorce quotes to help relax.
These are divorce quotes from other people who have been there already. “How do I motivate my divorce?” Or what to say to end a marriage, then this post is for you.
Divorce Quotes: 57 Exciting Separation Quotes For You.
1) “Nice people don’t necessarily fall in love with nice people,”Jonathan Franzen.
2) “It’s sad, something coming to an end. It cracks you open, in a way—cracks you open to feeling. When you try to avoid the pain, it creates greater pain,”Jennifer Aniston.
3) “In college, I had a course in Latin, and one day the word ‘divorce’ came up. I always figured it came from some root that meant ‘divide.’ In truth, it comes from ‘divertere,’ which means ‘to divert.’ I believe that. All divorce does is divert you,”Mitch Albom
4) “Divorce isn’t such a tragedy. A tragedy’s staying in an unhappy marriage, and teaching your children the wrong things about love. Nobody ever died of divorce,” – inspirational divorce quotes.writes Jennifer.
5) “Divorce is never easy. I don’t care who you are or what the circumstances are. It’s a very, very heavy feeling, and at the same time, it feels like a weight has been lifted”Catt Sadler.
6) “Those who divorce aren’t necessarily the most unhappy, just those neatly able to believe their misery is caused by one other person.”Alain de Botton.
7) “Every couple has the same five arguments in their lifetime, which is just the one, over and over until people die or divorce. What it is depends on who you are and what your parents did to you.”Amy Bloom.
8) “A breakup of a family is certainly an eye-opener.… I had to understand my culpability in that, and what can I do better because I don’t want to go on like this.”Brad Pitt.
9) “I don’t have any fear now, I don’t have a lot of rules for myself, and I don’t take myself that seriously,”Katie Holmes.
10) “A divorce is like an amputation: you survive it, but there’s less of you.”Katie Holmes.
12) “The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving. I didn’t want to destroy anything or anybody. I just wanted to slip quietly out the back door, without causing any fuss or consequences, and then not stop running until I reached Greenland.”Elizabeth Gilbert.
13) “There is no such thing as a “broken family.” Family is family and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time a family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.”C. JoyBell C.
Exotic Divorce quotes for him
14) “What we wait around a lifetime for with one person, we can find in a moment with someone else.”Stephanie Klein,
15) “It began in mystery and it will end in mystery, but what a savage and beautiful country lies in between,”Diane Ackerman.
16) “You’re not less of a man because your marriage is ending. You’re more of a man because you are strong enough to pull yourself out of a bad situation.”Anonymous
17) “Your divorce won’t be the entire story of your life. You still get to write a happy ending.”Anonymous.
18) “Going through a divorce is difficult, but staying in a bad marriage is even worse. A wise man sees the difference and makes the right choice.”Anonymous.
19) “There’s a more important relationship than the one you had with your ex; it’s your relationship with yourself and the man you truly want to be. Focus on that.”
20) “Do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you.”Rupi Kaur
Super Funny Divorce Quotes.
21) “A lawyer is never entirely comfortable with a friendly divorce, anymore than a good mortician wants to finish his job and then have the patient sit up on the table.“– Jean Kerr.
22) “He taught me housekeeping; when I divorce I keep the house.”– Zsa Zsa Gabor.
23) “I can’t get divorced because I’m a Catholic. Catholics don’t get divorced. They stay together through anger and hatred and festering misery, just like God intended.”Lenny Clarke.
24) “Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and the left.”– Jean Kerr.
25) “Getting divorced just because you don’t love a man is almost as silly as getting married just because you do.”-Zsa Zsa Gabor.
26) “Half of all marriages end in divorce- and then there are the really unhappy ones.”-Joan Rivers.
Highly Motivational Divorce Quotes For Her.
27) “Divorce can be a freeing experience if you remove the chains you placed on yourself to stay married.”
28) “Like death, divorce brings tears and regret, but also great memories and the promise of a new life.”
29) “There’s a reason fairy tales are fiction; happily ever after isn’t a reality for every couple.”
30) “In marriage, your life becomes muddled with another. In divorce, you get to just be you.”
31) “It takes strength beyond what most can muster to leave a marriage, no matter the grounds.”
32) “You survived that marriage, so there’s no doubt you will survive the divorce.”
33) “To anyone who says, “What man will want a divorced woman?” you can say, “A man who deserves me.”
34) “The tears, anger, and fear that come with a divorce cannot ever retreat once they’ve left your body.”
35) “Divorce is not easy and it will change you, but who says that change won’t be for the better?
Divorce Announcement Quotes.
36) “I used to think that divorce meant failure, but now I see it more as a step along the path of self-realization and growth.”Alana Stewart.
37) “Be skeptical of concepts that divorce war from its political nature, particularly those that promise fast, cheap victory through technology.”H. R. McMaster.
38) “I do not consider divorce an evil by any means. It is just as much a refuge for women married to brutal men as Canada was to the slaves of brutal masters.”Susan B. Anthony.
39) “My parents’ divorce made an important change in my life. It affected me. After that, when I couldn’t play Wimbledon, it was tough. For one month I was outside the world.”Rafael Nadal.
40) “I don’t see any reason for marriage when there is divorce.”Catherine Deneuve.
41) “If every man would make his prime concern the comfort and well-being of his wife and every wife make her chief concern the comfort and well-being of her husband, we would have very little divorce in the land.”Gordon B. Hinckley.
42) “I’m not convinced about marriage. Divorce is so easy, and the fact that gay people are not allowed to marry takes much of the meaning out of it. Committing yourself to one person is sacred.”Natalie Portman.
43) “When I first started, you couldn’t mention divorce or death. You couldn’t show smelly socks. You couldn’t show a snake. They took a skunk out of my strip one time.”Mort Walker.
Divorce Quotes to Help You Move On Faster.
44) “Don’t spend too much time beating on a wall, hoping it will transform into a door,”Dr. Laura Schlessinger.
46) “I do not believe that there were more happy marriages before divorce became socially acceptable, that people tried harder, got through their rough times, and were better off. I believe that more people suffered.”Ann Patchett.
47) “You can come at it very aggressively and blame and blame and blame. Or you can put yourself in the garage, so to speak. Take yourself apart and clean off the bits. Reassemble.”Chris Martin. – quotes about divorce and moving on
48) “Anyone who gets divorced goes through a lot of pain, but you come out of it.”Ryan Reynolds.
49) “Establishing a friendship after divorce takes great effort and a lot of swallowing of your pride and ego.”
50) “Unfortunately, we are a society that does look down on divorce when, ironically, there are more single divorced people in the world right now. So, the fact of the matter is that it’s a reality, and more people should embrace wanting to change, wanting to move on from a relationship that just no longer works for them.”
We don’t pray for a divorce, but if it comes to your marriage, see it as one of the challenges life can throw at us.
Your next option should be to get up, dust yourself off, and move forward. Life is too short to cry over spilled milk.
The selected divorce quotes are to help you heal faster from the pains of divorce. Read it over and over again so you can truly understand what to do.