Everyone wants to have a fabulous wedding, and because of that, they find themselves having a very high budget for the wedding. A High wedding budget can almost cause a heart attack if you don’t know what to do about it. That’s why I am taking it with you now.
After a series of research, I am here to teach you how you can slash a wedding budget 100% down, and still have the best wedding. Yes, you heard that right. There’s a way to make a cheap wedding look rich: If you will follow all I will show you here.
I surely understand that wedding is once in a lifetime, but you don’t have to break the bank because you want to talk of the town wedding; the best bet is for you to look for how to make the amount of money you have work effectively for you. If what you want is to know how to splash a wedding budget down and still have a good wedding, then, I will show you how.
Let’s dive in immediately.
Why Weddings Costs So Much.
Before we look at how to slash a wedding budget down, let’s quickly look at what makes the cost go up in the first place.
Many things can make your wedding budget go up, some of them are so high that they can make or break your wedding budget, so you have to consider them carefully.
Here are they:
- Your Wedding Guest List:- the number of people you are inviting to your wedding will impact your budget completely. The reason is that you could be charged per guest for every food or beverage provided at the venue. For example, the budget for 1000 guests will be more than that of 500 guests.
- The Venue You Choose: Another thing that will impact your wedding budget tremendously is the wedding venue. Researchers have found that depending on the type of hall, the average wedding venue cost between 12- 13 thousand dollars. Some even cost more than that. That can impact a wedding budget also.
- The Time And The Day Of Your Wedding:- The time and the day of a wedding also affect a wedding budget. For example, if you are having your wedding during the festive period, the venue cost will be high. Also if your wedding comes when there is a large demand for wedding venues, the cost will rise. The evening wedding reception will also cost more than the normal time reception.
- Having Your Choice Wedding:– Your Wedding costs depend on the style of wedding you choose. Having a formal wedding will cost you more because that depends on how big or small you want it to be.
Other things like-
- The type of ring you choose ( and the type of ring insurance policy you bought).
- Your choice of wedding gown.
- The Dj
- Hall decorations.
All of these are important if you want to have a very successful wedding and they cost much, but having everything in place during your wedding, will make a wedding budget high.
The question now is, how would you slash this wedding budget down without compromising the quality of your wedding?
How To Effectively Slash A Wedding Budget 100% Down.
1) Have A Budget:-
Your first step to slashing down a wedding budget is to set a budget for your wedding. Although it won’t be that easy figuring out your wedding budget, if you want to cut costs, which are pretty sure you want, you’ll need to tally up all your savings, create your wedding spreadsheets, and be disciplined not to go over it when planning.
That’s a big task, I know that, but doing all you can to make that work will ensure that remain happy ever after. Below are a few tips to help you.
- Check what you already have:- First step is to know how much you and your spouse have individually. After calculating what you have saved, set some money aside to fall back on when there is a loss of a job. Remember not to use all you have for a wedding.
- Track All Your Spending:– Try to create your wedding planning spreadsheets and try to follow them to the last. Make room for emergencies and make sure you don’t go overboard.
- Don’t Overcharge:– Never accept any price you can’t pay within 30 days, or accept to boost your spending with a credit card. It’s important.
2) Pre- Agree On Number Of Guests:-
This is the highest part of cutting down a wedding budget, but it is worth doing. Once you know the type of relationship you have with your family, friends, neighbors, or colleagues, the same you who wrote the list can also reduce it. There are tricks to do that which I will show you in this section.
Here they are:
Start on time:- You need to cut your list on time and be realistic about the people you include in the list or remove from it. If you choose a number that’s bigger than the venue capacity, you will spend more.
Therefore, you must start telling people on time about your plans to have a small wedding; that will make them understand when you didn’t send your wedding invitation to them.
Pick your plus one wisely:- If you get to a point where you have to either add or remove one person from your wedding list, you have to do that carefully. A wedding planning specialist suggested that when the space is limited, you need to prioritize your immediate family and close friends. You have to close your eyes and choose whoever you want to add or remove. Nobody will kill you if you didn’t invite them to your wedding.
Be Firm With Your Family:- One thing you must have in mind is that your wedding is for you and your partner, so you should not bother yourself when you fail to invite any of your relatives you’ve not spoken with for a long time.
Make a rule about who to invite from your wife’s side or your side and don’t change the rules.
Exclude The Children:- Another way to cut a wedding budget is to make a rule about children coming to your wedding. Of a truth, children add a certain charm to a wedding day, so it may look absurd to exclude them, but you must do that if you want to cut your wedding cost down.
Forget About Returning Invitation:- People always want to send invites to those who invited them during their wedding or other functions. It doesn’t matter; especially if your relationship with them has fizzled out. At this point, cutting your wedding cost is what matters to you, and not returning any invite.
3) Be Super Smart When Choosing A Venue:-
Now that you’ve cut down on your wedding budget, you have to also be smart when choosing your wedding venue. Well, you must find yourself a good place to Wed, but remember your wish to cut your website costs down. Have in mind to check many of them before choosing.
Consider your budget when choosing your venue, that will make you compare the costs of each of the venues, and then choose the one close to your budget. Don’t Wed on a busy day, week, or month. Choosing the peak days, months, or times will determine your cost, so look for the best time and day to schedule your wedding.
4) Choose A Smaller Cake:-
I was so amazed to know how much wedding cakes cost. You can cut a wedding cake from there. According to the writer of bride.com, “small cakes are not a new concept.” Many people have been using that means to cut their wedding costs.
You can use that concept too. It will save a lot of money, yet people will not know. The question is how would the cake get to all your quests? Remember that we have slashed the wedding list down in step one of how to cut a wedding budget down.
Now, with the small cake you have at hand, you will have enough to give to your guests; if you are still needing cake, they have smaller cakes or sheet cakes, which will be cut at the back. People will not know what happened at the back.
5 )Make Use Of Your Old Jewelry:-
Your wedding will happen only one day, after that, you’ll make use of what remains in your bank account. Unless you have a great source of income, then spend lavishly on your weekend day. This post is about cutting wedding costs and all the tips are about the same thing.
You can buy a diamond or gold ring for your wedding, that’s fine. But if you have jewelry already that is still very okay, then make use of them. Maybe later after the wedding, but as much jewelry as you want.
6) Avoid Expensive Decorations:-
It also cost big money to decorate a wedding hall; some said it costs about $2000. That’s not bad though if you have money to spend. However, if you want to slash your budget down then I suggest using a simpler decoration in your wedding hall.
Spending Millions of dollars for your wedding is not a crime if you have it. It is a crime when you spend all you have or borrow from people just to have an expensive wedding. If you want to know how to cut a wedding cost, then read this post carefully and understand the tricks to cut your wedding costs and still have a fantastic wedding.