Marriage is sweet when is built and sustained in a Christian way. It is said in the book of John 16 v 33 “ I have told you these things that in me you may have peace, in the world you will have troubles. In this article, I will show you some ways of building a Christian marriage that will last.
The verse of the scripture we read above simply shows that any marriage that is not connected to Christ would surely not stand the taste of time. And so it is better to build on Christ than the world.
If that is what you want to know, then let’s do so.
15 Important Steps To Building A Christian Marriage.
1) Start your marriage with God and in God.
If you are still searching, then the best thing you must try to do is to commit every step of your way to God. Let him have the pre-eminence of everything.
Proverbs 3 v 5 say’s” trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your part.
If you are already married, it is not yet too late for you. You can still ask God to take over from where you are now. Remember it cannot be done by your power or might, but by His Spirit.
2) Pray together always as a family.
This is the most important thing to do. You must pray for your family and with your family. Bible said ‘pray without season”. Do not let your prayer be only when there is trouble.
Always have your family devotions. Commit all to Him and things will move smoothly.
3) It depends only on God’s Plan for Your Marriage.
Be sure to search the scriptures, every day to know the plans of God for your marriage. It can only work for you if the Lord has said it. Jeremiah 29 v 11 said “For I know the thought that I think towards you, thoughts of peace and not of evil. That is the reason why you must give it up for Him alone.
4) Say only those Things you Want for Your Marriage and Do not Say the Opposite/ Negative.
Always be careful to say those things that are consistent with the word of God as regards to your marriage. Remember what you say is what you get. The Bible said in Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life (are} in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof”.
Always be careful so you do not jeopardize your marriage with the ill words that may come from your mouth.
5) Wife Submit to Your Husband and Husband Love Your Wife.
This is not a negotiation; it is a command from God.
God would have said wives try and submit to your husband, but He gave a command because that will be the only secret to a happy marriage.
Men you have a very big task here. You must love your wives. Your love is for her alone. It is not meant for another person. If your marriage must be bulletproof, then this command must be kept to the last.
6) Be Faithful to Your Spouse.
Try everything you can to stay faithful to your spouse. I used the word try because I know so many challenges may come that will make you want to cheat. Never compromise, never give room for suspicions.
Always trust your spouse in all things and at all times. Never let it out. Even when it looks like trust has been broken, continue to trust.
8) Share quality times together
It is not just about spending time together but spending quality time together. Make each of your stays together with a very memorable one.
9) Forgive your Spouse every time
To err is human but to forgive is divine. Learn to forgive your spouse any time he or she does wrong to you.
10) Do not deny Sex
Do not think of denying sex to your spouse. It can make him /her look for somewhere else to get it. Also, remember that the bible said that it can only be with the consent of each other.
11) Talk about your challenges
Take some time to discuss your problems with your spouse and bring a plan to resolve it. Never sleep without settling your disputes.
12) Never bring third Party into Your Marriage.
There will always be problems in your marriage. They are inevitable, but how you settle it is what matters. Remember you must not invite an outsider, not your mother, sister or even friends. It is a family issue and must be settled by the two of you.
13) Be contempt with what you have at That Moment
Always be satisfied with whatever stage you are in your marriage. Hebrews 13:5 “ Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such thing as you have. Never look at what other people are doing in their marriage and think of introducing it to your own. It will only bring problems to you and your spouse
Remember you are trying to build a Christian marriage.
14) Have open conversation
Communication is very important in every marriage. Absence of it brings quarrel, mistrust, infidelity. And then divorce.
15) Be thankful all The Time.
Be appreciative of any little thing your spouse did for you no matter how small it is. You can only receive another if you appreciate the first.
Now you have learned ways of building a Christian marriage, it is up to you to know what you want for your marriage.
Remember Jesus said in me you shall have life, but in the world, you will have tribulations.
The question is: What do you want?
- How to fix your dead bedroom and enjoy sex - March 26, 2020
- 9 Lovely characteristics of a loving husband - March 18, 2020
- 17 Cheap weekend fun activities for families - March 14, 2020
- 11 Special financial tips for new couples - March 10, 2020
- Difference between being single and married - February 23, 2020
- 9 Ways To Have A Sexy Wedding Night - February 2, 2020
- Why you should take a break in our relationship? - January 23, 2020
- 5 Ways to have a thriving christian marriage - January 8, 2020
- 7 Good Things To Teach Your Dating Teens - December 16, 2019
- How To Quit Porn With Covenant Eyes App - November 16, 2019