There’s no doubt you have finally found someone that meets your criteria for marriage.
After a long search for the Mrs or Mr right you are now ready to move in together.
I really want to congratulate you. However, there are few things I should let you know as you are getting ready to move in together with you love.
I am not trying to frighten you, after all your decision to live with your boo should be such an exhilarating idea, but sometimes it becomes tasking too.
You could experience some unexpected challenges.
Moving to be with your partner is purely a different step from moving in together with your friend or roommate. It’s another serious stage in relationship you shouldn’t take with levity.
I am writing this post to brace you up for the future, so take time to read this post as I will show you all you need to know before taking the steps.
7 things you should know before moving in together.
1) You must be clear why you are taking the steps:- What are your reasons for taking this step?
If it’s just because you want to salvage the long chaotic relationship, or maybe because of convenience or financial statues, then that’s a wrong idea.
What will now be your faith when all these fails later? Would you stay put or take to your heel.
However, if two of you are on the same page, and wish to fulfill your dream by taking the relationship to another level, then you are on the right track
Knowing why you take this action matters, as it will clearly determine your success.
2) Make up your mind about what you want:- If you have made up your minds to be together, then you should determine how you should live.
It all depends on you, to know if your stay together will last or just for some day, weeks, months or even years.
You should decide how committed you should be, what sacrifices you should make to see that the relationship stays afloat when there is a tide.
The success or the failure are all in your hands and so determine what you want and then go for it.
3) Expect new behaviors:- If you think you have known each other so well, I congratulate for that.
Mean while I want you to know that new behavior will manifest as you move in together.
Some of then may prompt you to ask yourself some questions- if this is actually the person you know before.
A lot of incompatibilities will gradually show up, which my result to fights and quarrels
Such new development can either be a good one, if the partner, has made up their minds to push through the storms together.
Marriage professionals said that fight and quarrel make a relationship stronger and can also be bad if couples couldn’t settle their disputes vehemently.
4) Don’ t be afraid when you fight, its normal:- You may find yourselves fighting in the beginnings, but never mind, that doesn’t mean you relationship is not strong.
There is no relationship without fight and quarrel, but John Gottman said after his research that the only thing that can cause breaks in relationship is inability to settle the disputes.
5) Individual lifestyle will change:- When you were still alone, you could do things on your own, you could do whatever you want and whenever you want it without being questioned.
Moving in with your partner means accepting to live for each other from that moment.
And now so many things will change: if you liked to come back late in the night, spend money recklessly, live your dirty cloths on the grown, then it has to change.
6)Never be afraid to ask for alone time:- Moving in together doesn’t mean you will stay together every minute and every second.
In as much as you there’s need to be together, there’s also need to have some moments of your own and for your personal thinking and meditation, or to pursue a personal goal
In that case, you should never be afraid to ask for that alone time.
7) Be ready to comprise sometimes:- Compromise helps a relationship survive.
You don’t have to be obstinate always, you shouldn’t always want to have your ways every time.
If you don’t Compromise earlier, then you have to make up your mind for that now you are planning to live with each other.
Be ready to lower the volume of the TV set because you partner is on call, be ready to say sorry even when you are not wrong.
This will create bond in your relationship.
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019