If you are getting married today with the aim of being happy, then you will be totally disappointed with what I am going to write in this post.
Of course marriage can bring some of those happy moments into your life, but you must believe me when I told you that marriage is not about your happiness.
Here is why I said. so
Dear, whether you like it or not, marriage will surely cost you so much than you think of. Yes, you will spend so much than what you have in mind right now.
Well, you have planned to spend or have spent so much money on buy ring or having a big wedding.
But, am not talking about money here, I am talking about those things money can’t buy. Have you ever thought of all those things you need to do to be sure your relationship is still intact? those time you will need to go hungry so that your family will have three square meal.
From that little example, you’ll agree with me that money is just the insignificant part of it especially when want to have a successful relationship.
Am talking about the time, the sacrifices you have to make, the thinking of how to fend for your family.
Here is what I mean
Marriage is not just about you, its not about your joy and happiness either, it is about love, forgiveness, serving, reconciling, commitment and all those things you have to lay down for the success of your relationship.
That’s why I feel so amazed whenever I hear people say “I will never be in a relationship /marriage if I am not happy ” I tell myself what a selfish world we are in.
Obviously, if you see marriage as a contract where you stay as long as you are getting what you want instead of where you ‘ll need to sacrifice to get a better relationship, then you are totally ignorant of what marriage is all about.
You can read my post on how to be more committed to your marriage here.
Until you realize that it takes commitment and not divorce, it takes giving your time even when it’s not convenient for you, until you learn to help get the children back from school because you know that your partner needs to rest for a while , until the first thing that comes to your mind whenever you wake up in the morning changes from I am not happy with marriage to, what new thing can I do today to make my relationship the best.
Until you understand how to put someone else before you, then you are yet to know what true love is.
To me, the true definition of love is you before me and that’s what marriage is all about.
But, selfishness in our world today have turned things upside down.
From today on, change your view about relationship; don’t let your happiness be dependent on what your partner did or didn’t do.
View your relationship as your responsibility and your marriage will change and then happiness will come.
You’ll have to nurture your relationship from day to day; that’s when things will start taking a new change.
Remember, your spouse is not the cause of your unhappy marriage, but you.
Make plans to change today.
I am still your friend murphyaik
See you at the top and remember to share the article if you are blessed by it.
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019