Every woman’s dream is to get married someday. However, their wish is not to get married to any type of men, but to get to a good man.
They need someone who can be perfect for her, someone who can usher her into that magical dream “world” that is full of love.
It is true that no one is extremely perfect, but one can at least try to have some qualities that every good man possesses.
Today, I am putting out this question to you:
What type of husband/ father are you?
- Are you the type of husband/father that loves the wife and the children? Or hate the wife and love the children?:- Ephesians 5: 25, God instructs husband’s to love their wives.
But some men have not listened to that command from God; they have thrown away the love they had for their wives and put all the love only on the children.
A man I know too well told me some time ago that he doesn’t love the wife anymore, but the children.
Did you remember that your wife was there before the children came? Did you remember that without your wife your children will not be?.
Your children will grow up some day and leave your house, they are not destined to live with you (in marriage).
When they leave, it will be just you and your wife for the “woven of years”
Therefore love your wife and take care of your children, so that you will fulfill the word of God.
- Are you supportive or against your wife:-A good man makes her wife stand tall in everything. They are always there to support the wife in everything in all their good endeavors.
When she wants to take a piano lesson, or take a stroll with her friends, you are there for her.
A man’s support makes her wife feel secure and give her the energy to take “calculative risks”.
When a woman is not supported by the husband, she feels inferior whenever she sees other women that get support from their husband,
Also remember that she will never be happy to know that she stands alone in everything and when mama is not happy, no one else is happy.
- The type of husband that help the wife in the domestic chores:-I wrote an article some time ago, asking men to help out in the domestic chore; but I got some negative reactions.
All the men are saying that their wives will use them as maid if they do so.
But it is really good to help your wife do some chores especially when you see that she is busy with other things.
Remember, she is also a human being, and gets tired like every other person.
- The type of husband/father that empowers or criticize the wife:- When you criticize your wife constructively, it will not hurt her, but if you are the type that goes beyond the constructive type of criticism, then you should be classified as a bad hubby.
criticism destroys someone’s life. You may think you are helping her when you do so, but something else is happening inside her,
It can make your wife to hide things from you, seek for validations outside and even start resenting secretly.
But when you encourage your wife, she becomes open to you and she will always seek for a way to make you and your marriage happier.
- The type of man that is devoted to his family:-
- A devote husband is the one that shares his deepest thought with his wife, love to spent time with her, pays attention to those little things that matters, and gives emotional supports to the wife.
The man that is not devoted abuses and destroys the peace and joy the marriage.
So choose to be the devoted type.
- The husband/ father that takes care of his wife and family needs:-It is the duty of a husband to see that the needs of his wife and the children are met, although women can support too if they work also.
But when a man refuses to see that the responsibilities of his family rest on his shoulders, then he is not a good husband.
- The husband/father that keeps his wife and marriage first above everything or neglect the family:-God commanded the men to love their wives as Christ loves the church.
There is no other higher calling that.
Marriage is different from any other “roll” we fill and also different from the type of jobs we do.
God elevated marriage higher, more than every other thing. Simply put, let all you think be how you can please God and fulfill his commandments concerning your marriage, and it starts from making your marriage a priority.
- The type of husband that thinks marriage is a contract and not a commitment:-Some men thing that marriage is a contract where they get exactly what they invested inside.
Did you think that you must get the same amount of love, the same amount of care, the same amount of support before you do your best for your marriage? Then you are making a very big mistake.
For marriage to be successful, you must think of how to get committed to making it work. You must make some special personal sacrifices, because all you want is to have the best marriage and be the best husband.
- The type of spouse that doesn’t plan things with the wife:-The couples that makes their marriage successful is the once that work as a team.
They understand the affirmation that “two heads are better than one” some couple has gone out of sync and now works against one another.
But understand that the couples that work as a steam accomplish so many things in life.
You may think you can accomplish that task without telling your wife, but things can be a little much better if you had planned with her.
Allow her to share her opinion concerning that task and choose the best from her advice.
- The type of spouse that abuse the wife and provoke the children:-Do you abuse your wife physically, emotionally or verbally?
In any way you do that, just know that you are an abusive husband and you are overly killing your wife and your marriage.
It is important that you quite the life style so things will start working well again in your relationship.
- The man/husband that is not careful how he deals with the opposite sex:-One of the things women detests is to see that they have rivals and your wife feels the same too.
How do you relate with that your neighbor, that co worker that is not the same-sex with you?
You may take her just like your friend, but your wife may feel she is your lover and you know what that means,
So if you have been too close to that lady in your office, or your neighbor, you may be killing your marriage without knowing it.
Rounding up:- If is important you read this post very well to know which category of a husband/ a father you are.
But, the most important is to make amend and become the best you can be; that is the only criteria to make your marriage a happy one.
If you are encouraged by this write up, please feel free to share it with your friends using the “LINKS” below.
I am still your friend murphyaik.
See you always at the top.
- Advice For Saving your Marriage in 7 Days. - April 1, 2019
- All the Best Marriage Propodal Ideas that will Make Her Say Yes - March 23, 2019
- 7 signs your husband is controlling and what to remain happy together. - March 19, 2019
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019