This is obviously what I learn from my wife. They are the secrets of a successful marriage, or rather how anyone can stay happily married for ever. You can as well inculcate it in your marriage. If it worked for me it could work for you too.
Now we are married, the honey moon and all the other marriage ceremonies are over. I am now alone with my wife. Now how can we move forward? How can we face the real issues in our marriage to make it work for us?
The obvious truth is that even before the wedding bell rang, every couple already has dreams on how their marriage life is going to be.
There is always a mental pictures of how they will make their marriage to be attractive to many other couples, how they will wake up from the other side of the bed, the kind of food they will serve in their home, and vice versa
I know you had those dreams too; I did too. It started coming to pass the way I hoped from the first year to the eight year, things started going from best to better and then it came to the time that we had to review our marriage again.
What has happen between the first year of our marriage to this time? Is there anything we could do to get those moments back again?
Remember we are serious about staying happily married. That when we started looking for the secrets of a happy marriage. What did those couples do be be happy in their marriage?
We had to look for those things we must try to do if our marriage must work for us. These are the steps we took to restore our marriage.
Five Useful Secrets Of A Successful Marriage
1) We Learn the Real Meaning of Love:-
To stay happy in your marriage, you must learn the real meaning of love. My wife told me that to love your spouse starts from the very moment you say the word “I love you” and when the word came straight from the bottom of your heart.
This will make you to keep yourself from telling other ladies you love them too. Bible says that “Out of the abundance of heart the mouth speaks.
Again love can be expressed through patience, tolerance for the mistakes of your spouse, meeting the needs of your spouse and avoiding critics.
2) Lay Down the Dreams Of a “Perfect Marriage” and Start Working Towards a “Good Marriage”:-
I know you will be surprised to see that heading? Yes it is true; there are no perfect marriages out there. My simple reason is because there is no perfect person. There are some more or less ideal marriages, but they are the ones that have been worked out through the years.
Marriage is one of the most difficult and more complex of all the human relationships and so it requires skills, patience, emotional and spiritual growths.
3) Discover Your Spouse Personal, Unique Needs and Try to Meet Them:-
Recognize that your spouse is not precisely like any other person on earth. He/ she is absolutely like you are. He has needs, the same way you do.
Forget about and other things you know about what people are, and discover who your spouse is like. You will be unable to meet all your couple’s needs. No one can do so, but you must know and try your best possible best.
4) Abandon All The Plans of Changing Your Spouse:-
Remember this very important axiom: We can change no other person by direct action; we can change only ourselves, and when we can change, then others tend to change in reactions to us. If you have this in your mind, then you will quit trying to change your spouse. Staying happily married starts with you changing yourself first.
5) Pray for patience:-
The greatest secrets of a successful marriage is to have patience. Some challenge may come in your marriage, and you will feel the best thing to do is to live your marriage. No! The first thing to do is to ask God for patience to stand the test of time, All will be well again.
Thank you for reading. And please subscribe to our newsletters.
- How To Quit Porn With Covenant Eyes App - November 16, 2019
- 10 Reason Your Wife Doesn’t Want To Have Sex with You - November 11, 2019
- 10 Powerful Strategies To Solve Marriage Problems fast - November 6, 2019
- Pray For Marriage: 7 Important Prayers For Marriages - October 31, 2019
- 37 Useful Inspirational Quotes On Marriage For You - October 24, 2019
- My 8 Sincere Advice To All The Single Ladies - October 21, 2019
- 11Things Women Want From Men In Marriage - October 16, 2019
- 8 Ways To Be A Better Husband And Father - October 14, 2019
- Comforting Bible Verses For You And Your Household - October 8, 2019
- 11Tremendeous Characteristics Of A Loving wife - October 6, 2019