Finding a good happy marriage counselor or therapist can be the choice which saves your marriage. However, finding one that does not meet your needs can drive you further apart from your spouse, so it is important to find one that has the interest of your marriage at heart.
What is a Good happy Marriage Therapist?
A good marriage counselor is one who combines their education with experience in marital therapy. They should have the right credentials and have the proper license or certification that is required by your local government or authority which can be different depending on where you live.
However, even well qualified and experienced marriage counselors may not be the best ones to fit your needs. This means that you will need to schedule an initial interview session where you can talk with and get an idea of how this marriage counselor will work for your issues.
How Can We Find a Good happy Marriage Therapist?
The process of finding the right happy marriage therapist will require a little work and some research. A good way to start is having your friends or family recommend a marriage counselor that has worked for them.
While this can feel embarrassing and perhaps bring up issues that you wouldn’t normally discuss, if you are aware of someone who has used a marriage counselor before, then getting their recommendation offers a starting place. As mentioned, you will need to find someone fully qualified, experienced and educated.
Find Someone Local:
You will need to select a good happy marriage counselor that is close and convenient for you to visit. This is because you will need to see them over a number of sessions and missing them because the distance ruins the effect of their work.
Download my free eBook Click here
Once you have narrowed down the choices, at this point you can start setting up the initial interview session. This is where you meet and talk briefly with the happy marriage counselor who will tell you about themselves and what they hope to accomplish.
While it may seem a bit rude to ask questions, remember that you are trying to find the person who can best help your marriage so you will need to ask the right questions to get the best idea of what they are trying to accomplish. Your questions may include the following;
What is your role in helping us through this issue?
Have you worked with a couple of our age, situation or background before?
From what we’ve told you about our situation, what would be your next step?
Basically, you are trying to ferret out whether the marriage counselor has any bias beyond their interest in seeing you two get through this particular situation. Well trained couple counselors will not side with one person over the other.
You should interview at least three or more marriage counselors if possible before making your choice. Plus, recognize that even after you made your choice, the situation may change if the counselor is showing bias or is not valuing your opinions equally.
But overall, finding a good happy marriage counselor can save your marriage which leads to a happier future.
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019