How to Uphold and Sustain your Marriage with the Word of God
Have you tried everything you know to make your marriage spicy, and yet things are not going the way you desire? Then you have not tried this simple but interesting way that am going to show you in this post.
Although it may sounds simple, but you can really uphold and sustain your marriage with just the word of God.
Interestingly, we read from the Bible (Proverbs 18 verse 21) from New Living Translation;
“The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences”.
That simply shows that you can speak life or death to anything in general and your marriage in particular.
I have written some posts on bible passages about marriage
It is very possible that whatever your relationship is going through now, may be the results of what you spoke about in the time past,
As the Bible also said in the book of Numbers 14 verse 28 from English Standard Version;
Say to them, ‘As I live, declares the LORD, what you have said in my hearing I will do to you:
Probably, you haven’t been speaking well of your marriage, your husband or your children.
It is always negative words like “My marriage is failing apart”, My husband is a good for nothing man or my children are not intelligent, that may be the results you are getting now.
Understand that devil knows that life and death are in your tongue, so he is seriously waiting for you to speak death so he will make your wish come true and God is also waiting to hear those things that are consistent with his words from you, so he will do it for you.
If that is the case, then I implore you today to say only those things you want to see happening with you and your marriage.
Here are few steps to help you.
1) Start early:- You don’t have to wait till you get married to determine the type of marriage you want.
You can start from this moment you’re still searching to say the type of husband, wife and family you want.
Bible said in Roman’s 4:17 that God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.
Also the book of Job 22:28 from New American Standard Bible
“You will also decree a thing, and it will be established for you; And light will shine on your ways.
You and I are created in the image of God, and we are created to function like Him. He gave us all His abilities and also told us in John 14: 12 that we can do even greater things if we believe in Him.
And so use your tongue to call forth a handsome, rich, educated, caring and loving man to marry you.
Also decree how you want your wedding, your home and family to be. Remember, what you say is what you get.
2) No time is later:– It is true you have been speaking wrong about your relationship and things have actually changed from good to worse, but you can still make a change now.
Start reversing those negative words with the positive ones. Instead of saying that your marriage is having a problem, say it is having a challenge and that God it taking control.
If things happen so badly that you are not happy about it, instead of flaring up or regretting why you marry that man/that woman, at that point remind yourself of what the Bible said in the book of Romans 8:28;
from New Living Translation;
“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them”.
That means that the failure, disappointments and discouragements are all working to make things better for you.
If you change the way you think and talk about your marriage from this moment, things will gradually start taking shape again.
3) Understand what God has in store for you and your marriage:- How often do you study the word of God? Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).
You can only trust God when you know all He has in stock for you and you can know that by reading and meditating on His word (The Bible).
Understand that the Word of God is God talking to you, that there’s a word for every situation you are facing in your marriage. Look it up and apply them and see what will happen in your marriage.
When you have read the words, the next step is to declare the word, Bible said in Romans 10:10 “For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved”.
Keep declaring the word of God concerning your marriage and don’t keep quiet until you start seeing the fruits.
Bible said that when the cloud is full of water, it will empty itself (Ecclesiastes 11:3) So keep saying the words and don’t stop talking it: If it’s the word of God, then the things you declare must workout for you and your spouse.
Conclusion : You can actually make things work again in your marriage no matter how bad it is by just declaring the word of God.
Remember that “ the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart”. Whatever, you decree will come to pass.
Thanks for reading; and try to apply what I just told you here.
See you at the top:
I am still your friend, Murphyaik.
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019
- 7 Truly marriage murdering mistakes men makes in marriage . - January 19, 2019
- 5 Ways to Stop comparing your spouse/marriage with Another. - January 14, 2019
- 7 Things that happens Behind the scenes of every successful relationship. - January 11, 2019
- Advice To Save Marriage – Because You Can’t Imagine Life Without Your Spouse - January 8, 2019