Do you really want to set achievable marriage goals that will not only work out in a short time? but will also help your marriage status change for good, then I will show you how in this post.
Many marriages failed simply because couples believed there’s no need to nurture their relationship anymore. They thought that once they are married,they will continue to be happy ever after.
No ! It doesn’t work that way, marriage doesn’t work on auto pilot.
Every marriage requires good effort and commitment to make it successfully.
Why Should You Set Realistic Marriage goals?
Just the same way we set goals in our jobs to increase productivity, in our education to be successful, and health to be healthy, we also need to set goals in our marriages to strengthen our relationship through working as a team to meet a common purpose.
Setting marriage goals is undoubtedly a good way of growing a marriage, because in the quest to see the goals work out fine, the couple spend much time together and have great intimate times together.
It also helps to provide a good atmosphere of togetherness to couples as well as helps the couples stand firm and focused as they pass through tough times in their relationship.
You can really achieve a lot from setting your marriage goal so I implore you to stop whatever you are doing now and start setting the goals.
Here’s a few steps to set realistic goals for your marriage.
– Creat a list:- The first step to take is to take sometime to create a list of your personal goals and then share your goals with your partner, be sure you put down everything that matter to you, your marriage and your career down.
– Share:- When you have finished making lists of your marriage goals, then it’s time to share with your partner. Now you must try and create a good atmosphere at this point, this will give you an opportunity to know partner pretty well as well as create a good bond with each other and so let is be a special moment for you.
Again, you must try as much as possible to avoid criticism even when there’s need to. Be calm and open minded as you go through your lists together.
Most Important marriage Goals to Set.
When setting your marriage goals you should try and relate it to all the aspects of your marriage,
The reason is to make sure that nothing is left out when you are trying to make your marriage work better.
To set good marriage goals, here are few area to concentrate.
1. Communication goals:- Communication is important in every relationship, and the truth is that you can’t have a good intimate relationship with someone unless you feel secured with him/her.
So many research has been conducted, which shows that communication is very vital if you want to maintain satisfying and and committed marriage, and so you should set goal on how to improve on your communication.
Here’s how to improve your communication.
– Just plan spending time together talking:– Make it a point of duty to spend 15 to 40 minutes daily just talking to each other. Don’t let anything distract you at the moment, keep your appliances and smartphone off. Make it a special moment.
a) Always be free to express your feelings;- it’s your right to express how you feel to your partner, but learn to be constructive as you do so. There are times when you’ll feel disappointed, bitter and disapproved. You really must find a way to let your partner know, so things could change for better. The only trouble will be the ways to express it without causing harm.
That’s where you need to learn how to do.
b) Listen more than being defensive:- . For a marriage to be successful, couples must learn to listen more than talking. Learn to listen to your spouse’s complaint without trying to be defensive. If you can do that, then watch your marriage succeed.
c) Learn to be specific:- Whenever any issue arise, try and be as specific as you can when talking about it, don’t generalize things,it will make things worse.
2) Set Financial Goals:- From the marital experts,we understood that money ranks number one in the list of why couples have troubles in their marriage. Reason is that there’ll never be a balance between your incomes and the spending habits, this is the reason why it is necessary for both of you to make a harmony of your dealings with money.
You’ll agree with me, that almost every lifestyle decisions we take in life requires money, and if you are not careful you’ll have problems because of overspending. However, when you set financial goals which the two of you will agree on, you’ll almost be abreast of all the challenges.
I know It will never be easy to get on the same financial page with your partner, but you will never regret it. The way to accomplish it is by setting realistic financial goal.
Here’s How To Set financial Goals.
– Create a budget:- Always have a budget that gives you a better indication of your monthly spending. Do that always with your spouse and make sure that every money spent is accounted for.
– Create financial goals that are connected to your vision:- Every financial obligations are not always the same, so always try and create the one that reflects your life vision.
– Always calculate the cost that’s related to your goals:-– I know it can sometimes be hard to create realistic goals, but one of the ways to avoid missing your desired financial goals is to write it down, and try figuring out what it will actually cost to achieve it.
Once you are sure of what it will cost you, then add it to your budget to know how it will impact your life in future.
– Have a common goal :- Be sure to always be on the same page of finance with your partner.
3) Set goals for your relationship:- There’s need to set some realistic goals of things that will help improve your marriage. Example
– Goals to always be happy together:- There are couples who live under one roof, but are not happy together. Let your goals be to always be be happy together instead of merely existing together.
Let your first desire for your marriage be how to make things interesting for both of you. Indulge those things that makes you happy individually and introduce it to your relationship too. That will improve your marriage.
– Do something new together:-
Just look for something new both of you can indulge in once in a while, no matter what it is Travel to a new city, visit a new restaurant, read a new book and also try some new sex position.
Trying new things will make things look new and exciting to you, and will bring bond between you too.
– “Maintain a satisfying sex life”.:- At the early stage of marriage, sex life is usually great, but it somehow start becoming boring as the year goes by.
At this moment, you need to make every effort to keep the spark on.
Maintaining a healthy sex life is very important in every relationship.
To keep the spark, you have to know your partner better and what they want during sex.
During sex, men and women have different needs- women love to be comfortable and feel very before yielding to new sex adventures, but men are not that way.
To bridge these disparity in sexual needs, you should continually have regular communication.
Discuss about your sexual relationship, how and what you should do to make it better. Although it will not be easy at first, but letting your partner understand that your sexual need will save your marriage from some stress that will come in future.
– How to make it last:- After setting all the goal, it’s important to set goals on how your marriage will last forever. What are the things you should sacrifice to make your partner happy? Consider all of them and start doing it now. I bet you, if you are able to accomplish other goals, then you can achieve this.
Finally, Whatever you want to have or see in your relationship must be planned from the first day of your marriage. It is important you take your time to direct your marriage the way it should go. If you want it to succeeded, then cultivate good habits that will be profiting to your relationship, otherwise watch your relationship gradually die.
Setting marriage goal will help you create good directions on which your relationship will thrive.
- 11 Essential Rules of A Happy Marriage . - July 9, 2019
- How to Double your sex life in Marriage. - July 5, 2019
- 4 Easy Steps Process to Create a Much Happier Relationship - June 26, 2019
- Definitive guide on how to spice up your marriage as husband and wife. - June 20, 2019
- 9 signs of emotional Abuse you must not overlook in your relationship. - June 8, 2019
- The only 7 Best Rules of Marriage you Must Keep to the Last - June 2, 2019
- My 5 step Process on How busy couples can constantly create time to spend together - May 28, 2019
- 41 Romantic Love Poem For Her - May 15, 2019
- Top 15 Interesting Marriage Blogs you must Read Daily. - May 12, 2019
- Definitive guide on how to make your husband love you like never before. - May 6, 2019