How to find a marriage counselor to help you

marriage counselor

Have you ever asked yourself how you could locate a good marriage counselor to help you get your marriage back again?

If your answer is yes, then this article is for you.

If you just realize that things are no more the way they use to be; and that those moments of love, joy, and peace have been replaced with chaos, quarrels, disagreements and even fight and you are thinking of what to do.

My advice to you is to find a good marriage and family counselor, and I will show you how in a minute.

But here is what you must know.

All marriage counselors are not created equal. While some are very well trained in the work, others are not so experienced and can do more harm than good to your marriage.

How would you feel when you realized you are going farther apart from your partner instead of getting closer which is the very reason you visited the counselor in the first place?

Here’s what you’ll learn

In this article, you will learn how to locate a good marriage counselor without breaking a sweat, someone who knows his job well and who will not use your challenging marriage as a learning sample.

Just keep reading! : )

Who is a good marriage therapist?

This is someone who combines his or her education with knowledge of marital therapy.
Their main interest is to help the couple work through those challenging moments in their marriage, which includes stress, crisis; they also help people express their needs appropriately, establish good boundaries and also make compromises.

They should have genuine credentials like license and other necessary certificates which should be acceptable by your local government or any other authority.

Be careful

However, the credentials or the license is not a guarantee that he or she is the best counselor that is fit for your problems.

A recent survey shows that eighty-one (61%) of all the private marriage counselors can offer good marital counseling, the remaining 39% deals with other clinical works that are related to marital therapy.

This is why there is a need to identify a good counselor that will be more effective in what you want to achieve.

Aspire to get the best

To get the best from your prospective family therapist, you should try and have one or two interview sessions, where you can get to know him or her better; you should also be able to ask some questions to get some insights on how this marriage therapist can best work for your particular issues.

According to John Guttman, a marriage counseling session has four sessions of evaluation such as

2 thoughts on “How to find a marriage counselor to help you”

  1. I think it is great advice to find a family counselor that lives close to you. You never know when you might need help or need to talk to someone about a problem, so having a counselor that’s within driving distance isn’t only convenient, but can be a big help. Being able to conveniently visit with a counselor is a lot more helpful than keeping it bottle up inside until you visit a counselor you can only see once a month because of distance. This was a great article to read and it provides a lot of helpful suggestions, thanks!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to Top