So many articles have been written on how to have a happy marriage, but not on how to enjoy your marriage with a narcissist.
Today, I am going to give you clear and easy steps on how you could do just that.
If you are reading this article now, that means you probably married a narcissist, your friend or someone you know married one, you are planning to marry and don’t want to marry someone like that. This write up will solve your problem.
However, if you are not sure of who a narcissist is, and then let me tell you a little about it.
Who is a Narcissist? –
A narcissist is someone who is always very full of himself (self-importance) they love to dominate in things like prestige, vanity, and power. One thing about them is the inability to understand the damages they are inflicting to others around them or even themselves.
I am sure you now have a little knowledge of who a narcissist is. Does that describe the character of your man? Then you have nothing to fear. The step by step tips will guide you into having a successful and happy marriage with your narcissist spouse.
Steps to enjoy your marriage with your narcissist spouse
Write down your reasons:-
It is not an easy job to live with a narcissist, but if you have made of your mind not to leave that narcissist you love, then you must take a note pad and a pen and write down 3 reasons why you love and not want to lose him or her.
These are the lists you will continually look at when the going becomes tough and then get refreshed in the things you have planned to have in the near future time.
Your list may look something like this
- I have made up my mind to stay with my spouse through good and bad times.
- I know that my spouse is a wonderful person and will be superb in the near future.
- As I remember the love that brought us together in the beginning, I promise to stand firm in my marriage.
Tell God About it:
You must know that only God has the power to change the situation. Prayer is the only weapon we have to talk to God so why not tell God about your spouse’s challenge and believe things will change. It will definitely change.
Know what to negotiate with your spouse and the best-negotiating style to adopt:
One thing the narcissist believes is that they know everything and never go wrong. There may be some behaviors that will repel you, what is best for you to do is to overlook it, just allow it to slide.
Whenever you want to talk about anything, you must know the best time to do so and the best strategy to use. Always start your negotiations with the key convincing words. You have a few minutes to get his/her attention. Never argue.
Tell your spouse how your marriage is slowly going down because of his/her lifestyle.
Don’t be surprised to see your spouse responding slowly to what you said.
Upgrade your self-esteem:-
It is obvious your self-esteem is challenged because your narcissist spouse is constantly wanted to have his ways every moment and not yours. Never mind, just bring out your “Note” and you will remember that you are bent on having a happy marriage with a narcissist.
Choose to say nice things to yourself at all times. That will help to re-affirm your faith in your spouse.
You must always understand that the change may not be imminent, but you are sure the change must come since you are committed to doing the things you are supposed to do to stay happily married with the narcissist you love so much.
- Simple actionable ways to show your husband love. - May 5, 2021
- Here is how to restore intimacy in a marriage - April 28, 2021
- Proper ways to find a marriage therapist near you - April 20, 2021
- 61 supper sexy good night text messages - April 19, 2021
- Toxic relationship: what is a toxic relationship? - April 10, 2021
- 7 secrets to have a perfect home life with spouse - April 1, 2021
- 12 superb qualities of a perfect partner for you - March 25, 2021
- 35 powerful married couple bible verses for you - March 8, 2021
- True love meaning: authentic facts to know about love - March 3, 2021
- Save your broken marriage with these simple steps - February 19, 2021