Getting Married: How to invest in your marriage while you are still single.
If you are hoping to get married someday, then there’s need to start investing in your future relationship now you are still single.
Nothing is worst than having a bad marriage/ relationship; it can only be compared to a furnace of fire.
A research conducted at the university of Nevada many years ago using three hundred and seventy three (373) “heterosexual couples” for investigation shows that marital conflicts has a great negative impact on the health of both couples.
The number one cause of that is lack of preparations before getting in.
Many people rushed into a relationship without properly investing into it, probably they thought that things could become much better when they are in.
But how can you get better results without good preparation?
- Jackson Brown Jr. Said in his quote that “the best results you will get tomorrow is doing your best today.
So what do you want?
It is obvious that investing in your relationship early will not make you the perfect spouse, but you could be a lot better than not doing anything at all.
Investing in as a single will definitely yield great result in the future, and I am here to show you how to do just that in this post.
Investing in your marriage while still single
– Start with a prayer:-The first thing to do is to rely on God for a good partner and it starts with a prayer.
Tell God about your choice of spouse, the type of home you want to have as well as the children you want to raise, remember the word of God in the book of proverbs 3 verse 5-6 says we should trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding, and that we should acknowledge all our ways to Him and he will direct our parts.
In that case, if you tell him about everything you want to have in your relationship, He will surely make you successful at last.
– Work on becoming your best: – The success and the failure of your marriage depend on you.
That simply means that if you want your relationship to become successful, then you have to do your best individually and the truth is that you can give what you don’t have.
Start adding values to yourself, by learning, reading, attend seminars, and browse the internet for how to be your best.
– Surround yourself with good people: – Evil company corrupt good manners; that are a slogan that can’t be neglected.
The people you identify yourself with are the once that will influence you.
If your friends are good, and knows how to value the opposite sex, then you are bound to learn those when you move with them.
However, if your friends are flirts, divorced or irresistible, that means you may learn those from them also.
Since you are planning to get married someday, have good people surrounding you.
– Be prepared mentally: – There is great difference between single and married, it’s a different world all together.
What works for you while you were still single may not work when you are married.
This is the reason you should prepare mentally to adapt to the new life that is coming.
Understand that marriage brings someone that’s totally different from you or your background to be together forever and so you should expect a lot of things coming up when you are married.
– Be health conscious:- Many couples are having a difficult time now in their marriage because they were so negligent about their health in your youthful days.
Some are unable to have children now because they didn’t take care of their reproductive organs early.
To make sure it didn’t happen to you, go for laboratory test and check if all things are functioning properly, if they are not okay, start treating yourself as you wait for your spouse to be. That will save you a lot of stresses and time in future.
– Equip yourselves domestically:- Start learning things you don’t know before about how to keep the house.
If you don’t know how to sweep, wash dishes, cut the vegetables, then learn it.
And most importantly, learn how to cook.
The best way to get your spouse’s love is through his stomach, so learn to prepare all the good foods and make him love you forever.
Finally: – if you want a successful marriage, start investing on it now that you are still single. What you do no, will go a long way to help you when you get married.
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019
- 7 Truly marriage murdering mistakes men makes in marriage . - January 19, 2019
- 5 Ways to Stop comparing your spouse/marriage with Another. - January 14, 2019
- 7 Things that happens Behind the scenes of every successful relationship. - January 11, 2019
- Advice To Save Marriage – Because You Can’t Imagine Life Without Your Spouse - January 8, 2019