If you are not very careful of the things you say to your husband, then you may be killing your marriage without knowing it.
Words are very powerful, it can build, and it can also tear people apart in a twinkle of an eye.
That’s why you must think before you let any word come out of your mouth.
It may be very easy to forget your actions, but words go straight to the heart and remain there forever.
Many marriages/relationships are the way they are now just because of one word that came out of the mouth of one couple or both couples.
In this article, I am going to show you what unguarded words can do to any relationship and I will also show you 9 things you must never say to your husband.
There is no doubt you are very aware of the power of spoken words. You know what any good or bad word can do whenever it goes out.
Some words are better to keep to heart, than saying it out. So why should you put your marriage in jeopardy or make your husband feel inferior because of the things you say to him.
“Sticks and stones can hurt very much”, but while the wounds and bruises caused by them heals in a matter of time, the damage from those unguarded word may last forever.
People will always remind you of what you said to them a long time ago.
Here is what the Bible said about the tongue in Proverbs 15: 14, “A wholesome tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness therein is a breach to the spirit.”
James 3v6 9 (Amplified version)
“And the tongue is a fire (the tongue is a fire) world of weakness set among our members, contaminating and depriving the whole body and setting on fire the wheel of birth ( the cycle of man’s nature) being itself ignited by hell”.
I have seen marriages shattered because of careless words and I don’t want it to happen to you my friend.
We’ll be looking at some of the careless words you must avoid saying when you are talking with your husband, no matter how hard you are pressed to say that.
And here they are: ).
9 Things you should never say to your husband
I am sharing these with you not to make you feel mad or bring back memories of what your partner said to you in the past, but to remind you of the affirmation that you must think before you say anything. So listen up
- Don’t compare him:- Comparison is one issue that has brought so many conflicts in many relationship.
When you compare him with someone else, it simply shows that you admire the other man more than him.
The best thing you can do to change his dressing style is to select good one’s for him when he is getting ready to go out, if he doesn’t have good one’s you can get some for him after all in marriage everyone is expected to take care of each other.
What if you don’t have money to buy, then ask him for money and get for him?
One day I overheard a woman complaining about the husband and she never stopped comparing him with her friend’s husband.
From the expressions her face, it was clearly written how she places the other man in her mind more than her husband. She saw him as a better husband man, father and husband.
But let me tell you now; there are absolutely no way you could understand how good a husband is when you are not his wife.
Merely looking through the other person’s window will not show you how the house itself is.
When you go on comparing your husband, you are only degrading yourself as a woman and exalting the other woman.
So quit comparing and start holding him higher.
2)People warned me you will do this: – You obviously not the type of man I thought you are and people warned me that you will do this.
Wow! You don’t know what harm you are causing to your marriage if you say something like that to your husband.
You are simply showing him that there is another person in your camp. It is also means you are on the other side and not with him.
(3) You are still your mama’s boy:- Dating and getting married to a “mama’s” boy is surely not an easy task.
However, if you love him and want to settle down with a mama’s boy, then you should try and accept the fact and never try changing him.
The best you can do to make sure things are going well is to love and appreciate him; time will come when he will grow up, but till such a time, keep waiting and praying.
(4) Your sense of fashion is nil:-It may be true your husband doesn’t know how to dress well, but the last thing you can do is to tell him about it in an awkward way .
You can subtly start getting rid of the worn out cloths and replacing them with new ones if possible.
Of course telling him about his terrible fashion style will not make him divorce you, but you can slowly kill his self-esteem.
(5) You will never succeed:-This is funny, but I have heard women telling their husband that they will never be successful in life.
Your man may be the type that cannot make a strong decision without seeking your advice, but never be tempted to tell him things like “you are not a man, why can’t you be brave and confident for ones”.
Words like that will make him believe that he is really unlucky or a failure and your relationship may be affected because of that.
(6) You are good at nothing:-It is not that easy to build a strong relationship. The most important thing is to understand is that it is your duty to support and help your partner become happy.
Even when your husband makes mistakes, you should encourage and find a better way to tell him that criticizing him.
Of course, you can tell him his mistakes but not in a harsh way. Remember, he is your husband.
(7) One minute man: –Have you ever used that phrase on your man? It is a harsh thing to say.
No man was created a “60 seconds man” Your husband may be having some health challenge, and that is why he is not able to last longer during sex.
But using it as a weapon of defense is such a sordid thing to do; you can help him research the internet to find the cure for the disease instead.
(8) Look at what you gave me as a gift:- Learn to appreciate any gift your husband gave to you no matter how big or small it is.
It may not be convenient for him at that moment to get a bigger or better gift for you, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t love you.
Also remember it is not the gift that matters, but the mind.
Showing appreciation will make him want to do more, but criticizing his gestures will make him feel he is not sure of how to please you.
(9) I have never reached orgasm with you:-No matter how heated the argument is, never use husbands in abilities to challenge him. Using it as an advantage makes him feel he is less adequate in bed.
Take time to ponder on whatever word you want to let out of your mouth. Remember, it will be easier to forget those actions, but words stick to the heart.
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019