If your marriage is not what you expected it to be at this moment, then understand that all hope is not lust, because in this post I will show you few steps you should take to sustain UN-ending romance in your relationship.
You have seen so many couples that are very happy in their marriage, and you wonder how they made it so.
There is no other secret to their success, neither can it be seen as chance or luck it can only be attributed to those little effort from both partners and their great will to be together.
Hopefully, there are tons of things you can start doing after reading this article that can help you sustain lasting romance in your relationship.
So whether your marriage is going well, or failing before your very eyes, there is a great need to work and nurture it daily in other to keep romance alive.
I have also written so many posts that will show you how to improve your marriage
- 15 minutes a day just to breathe new life into your marriage
- How to recharge your marriage
- 5 simple but overlooked ways to make your marriage the best
What he is telling us is, to do anything in our disposal that could help our marriage or relationship grow better.
Question now is What are those things you can do to keep romance alive?
Here are they
HOW TO SUSTAIN LASTING ROMANCE IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP /MARRIAGE.
1) Build a lasting friendships :- A lasting friendships is an important issue when you want to sustain Romance in your relationship because it creates a deeper bond between the two of you which always goes beyond being just being romantic.
How you relate with your spouse matters greatly in building a family.
It is that point in your relationship where you and your spouse don’t just love yourselves, but you like and cherish everything thing about each other.
Friendship also helps to build great intimacy where you and you partner are not afraid to share your deepest feelings and thoughts
When good friendship exist in your marriage, all your interests and activities becomes so enriched, because you are dealing with your best friend who wants to share it with you.
Dear, if friendship has been lacking in your relationship, then it’s time to start building it.
- Here are few ways to go about it.
a) Always be gentle
b) Be considerate.
c) Be trust worthy
d) Be loyal
e) Have time for your partner.
f) Share deeper interests
g) Laugh together.
To start building it, you must sit down and identify those things that are not working as it should and start working on it.
(2) Cuddle:– Cuddling is another way to make your marriage stronger.
Actually, nothing can be compared with cuddling that person you love dearly especially when you hold him through the night, it shows that the person is always on your mind when you are asleep and also he/ she is the first thing you set your eyes on as you wake up in the morning.
Research has proven that cuddling makes us
a) Happier:- We feel healthier and happier when you are physically close to someone and your body releases Oxycontin, a chemical that helps in maintaining a strong and healthy relationship.
b) Touching helps to reduce a good level of cortisol, which attacks our immune system. It also makes us less anxious.
When someone touches your hands and hold it for a while it makes us feel a little better.
Did you see why cuddling is important?
3) Be trustworthy:- Trust is inevitable in any relationship.
When trust exist in a relationship, there is that freedom that results to love and intimacy.
That simply means that without trust, there is insecurity, fear, and all these limits the full potentials of intimacy.
Can your partner trust you? can he/ she be free enough to share her heart with you.
However, the same way you earn respect, you can also earn trust and it starts with doing what you say and remaining faithful to your spouse.
Sometimes, we are so ignorant to know that those little lie, those little failed promises we made to our spouse, is helping to diminish our trustworthiness in the eyes of our partners.
Remember, if you make so much withdrawal from your emotional bank account of trust, then trust will vanish.
My advice for you is to make building trust a priority in your relationship.
No trust simply means your marriage is heading to a crash
Henry cloud said that “Intimacy comes from knowing the other person at a deeper level ”
If the interest of your marriage is paramount to you, then start now to develop trust again.
4) Team work:- When you look at those successful couples, you will find out that they function well as a team and depend on one another for strength.
If the woman knows better about finances, she is left to be responsible for that, while the man is left to do the planning, if that is the area of his specialty.
He decides the day for the family vacation and outings as well as family devotion.
Just like in football, no player can play it all, all of the players depends on each other to win.
Such is marriage. There must be a team work to succeed as couple.
It is always easy for husband and wife to get out of sync and work against one another.
But always have in your mind that marriage is the same as a 3 legged race, if you try to push ahead without your spouse’s cooperation you will fail, but when you work as a team, then you will succeed.
Couples that works together covers each others weakness and build each others strength as well as help lift each other up when one stumbles.
5) Be Clear:- Always be clear when you are communicating, say your mind but not provocatively. It is important you monitor your voice during the communication.
Listen when necessary and never interrupt him or her during the conversation.
Share your burden thoughtfully, your partner is not a mind reader to know what your needs are, so let him/ her know it.
Talk about what is not going well in the relationship, your sex life, your family budget and other important issues, two heads are far too better than one when it comes to working things out.
Final thought :– There is no scientific way of sustaining lasting romance in your marriage than nurturing it daily.
If you start working on your relationship from this moment, you will make it successful in the near future.
Just look at were you need to start and start working immediately, you will surely succeed.
I am still your friend
Get Regular updates Via Email
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019