There are more than several Bible verses about love and marriage in the word of God ( bible), but I want to share 25 verses I love so much and which will also help you as couples.
Fact is that every christian should know the thought of God about love and the great institution called marriage, so as to know how to meet up with God’s standard as regards to the relationship.
A lot of relationships are in chaos now, not because their is no love, but because couples refused to know exactly what the mind of God is concerning the relationship.
If you are interested to know, here are 25 powerful bible verses that let’s us know what God says about love and marriage.
This post is divided into two section for easy reading
you may also like to read 25 Red hot bible verses to navigate your marriage storm
Bible Verses about LOVE
What did God say about love? Is it necessary to love? And must I love my spouse or other people? What will happen i don’t want to love? These are all that’s going on in your heart now.
This section will tell you all you want to know about love and why you must devote to loving your partner as well as the people around you.
1 ) John 13-34- 35 :- “Now I am giving you a new commandment: love each other, just as I have loved you, you should love each other”.
Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples……
Jesus demonstrated to us about about the real meaning of love by accepting to die so all of us could live.
And here his not asking us to do the same, but commanding us to love one another.
What we need to make our relationship work is love,
Love your partner for the greatest of all the commandments is love.
2) 1 Peter 4 – 8:-” Love covers a multitude of sins”.
Remember those day when your were still pursuing your spouse, when you could not stay one minutes without calling, and no matter what he/she does, you were ready to forgive.
That was love in action, all the since were covered by the love you once had.
If only you can get the love back the way it used to be, things will start working out as it use to be.
3) 1 John 4- 1 – 2 :- “If we love each other, God lives in us and his love has been brought to full expression through us”.
One of the way we can let the world know we are true Christians is to love ourselves better.
If all you do is shout, fight, and quarrel everyday in your home, people around you will wonder if Christ really dwells in you.
But, the way you express love to your partner outside and inside of your home is a good message to your neighbor that Christ is love
4) 1 Corinthians 13- 4 – 7:-” Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way, love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged”.
It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth win out. Love never give up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstances….
The passage above simply shows us all that’s encapsulated in love.
Tell me, where will divorce come from if all these are in place in your relationship.
5) Ephesians 4:2-3: – “With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
Only through love can you maintain peace and unity in your relationship, because love brings gentleness and patience.
6) Colossi ans 3:14:- “And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
7) 1 Corinthians 16:14:- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love”.
8) 1 Corinthians 16- 14:- Let all be done with Love
9) Romans 12 – 9 – 10 “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”
10) Romans 13 – 8:- “Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.”
12) Song of Solomon 8:7:- “Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.”
13) Ephesians 4:2: “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.”
Bible Verses about Marriage
What type of relationship should we expect our marriage to be?
These verses of the bible will sum it up for you.
1) Genesis 2- 1- 8 :- “The Lord said, ” it is not good for a man to be alone, I will make a companion who will help him”.
Women were created because men need helpers, someone who can be with them through the thick and thin.
That’s why men can’t do with women.
2) Ecclesiastics 4- 9 :- “Two people can accomplish more than twice as much as one…. If one fall, the other can reach out and help”.
3) Ecclesiastics 9 – 9:- “Live happily with the woman you love throughout the meaningless days of life that God has given you in this world. The wife God gives you is your reward for all your earthly toil”.
4)/Ephesians 5- 21:- “And further, you will submit to one another out of reverence for Christ”.
5) Genesis 2:24: “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
6) Ephesians 5:25-33: “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church,”
7) ” 1 Peter 3:7:– “Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.”
8) Proverbs 18:22 ” He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.”
9) Proverbs 12:4:- “A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones”.
10) Hebrews 13- 4 – 7:-
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefined; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge”.
11) Malachi 2:14-15: “But you say, ‘Why does he not?’ Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.”
12) Hebrews 10:24-25: “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Finally:- Its important to know all the bible verses about love and marriage because that will be the light that guides your relationship.
Remember, only the word of God can build your marriage up and make it whatever it talks about.
Please, share this post with your friends and families if you enjoyed it.
Your friend forever,
Ikenna Uchegbu (murphyaik)
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019