- Concentrate on the friendship aspect of your marriage: Devote more time to developing the friendship aspect of your relationship. Talk about the things that are not working well and find a way to work it out.
When you are conversing, make sure you are looking straight at each other’s sss eyes. That will show how interested in what your spouse says.
Play games and have fun. Just keep talking without an agenda and try to give your wife more time to talk, and keep listening.
- Re-affirm your intentions.
Before you both got married, you had plans. You didn’t marry because you wanted to marry. You have dreams to have a happy marriage, a good relationship with your spouse, have and raise good children and maybe building your relationship in such a way that people will learn from you.
Understanding your intentions in marriage is what helped Kelvin A. Thomson and wife save their marriage and it will help you too.
Think about it and plan how to make your dreams come true. You can write a plan on how to go as I did below.
- What are the things you need to do to achieve your aims
- Are there some characters you need to eject or introduce into your marriage?
- What are the roadblocks you may encounter along the way?
- Are there skills you have to learn?
Writing theses down will help you know which steps to take to get to your destination.
- Try dating yourselves again.
Consider having some romantic dates. You can schedule to go outside for the date or have it there in the house. You don’t need to let the date break your pocket.
Prepare some interesting lunch or dinner dishes, with some bottles of drinks.
But, if you choose to go out, then look for a beautiful and interesting place where you can relax with the love of your life.
Remember, it is all about bringing you and your partner closer to each other ones again as well as helping you appreciate each other.
You are responsible for whatever happens to your marriage. If you want it to succeed, then you should start putting more effort into making it work.
Spending time together will help make your relationship succeed, so get to work at once and use 15 minutes a day to nurture your marriage.
Over to you now: What other ways have you used to make your relationship better than it was before? Feel free to share it with us in the comment section.