In this post, I will show you what the rules of a happy marriage looks like, and how you can apply it to get good success in your marriage.
Everything in life has rules that governs it, and you’ve got to keep those rules to get the corresponding success that follows.
And so If you want to make your marriage a happy marriage, then you must be ready to keep the rules that governs it too.
Every marriage is unique. We have different kinds of hopes and dreams for our relationships but all the couples one thing in common, which is to last forever, have children and also provide for them.
We all wish to experience a happy marriage; where there’s excess love, and with full confidence that our relationship will not one day end in divorce.
Fact is that all these don’t just come on a platter of gold, there are steps to take and there are rules to follow too.
Often times, especially when the relationship is few months or years old, everything feels so blissful, both the love and attention are still very high and it seems as things will continue to be that way ever after.
It’s never will.
When you ask those couples that have been married for some time now, you’ll find out that they also had their “roller-coaster moments“‘.
However, To sustain the peace and connection in a relationship, some few important rules are needed to be observed.
These rules are not too hard to follow., they are just those little things you overlook , yet if neglected for a long time it will cause a big problem in your marriage.
I am very sure you’ve seen some couples that are happy and you start wondering why yours isn’t like that.
Obviously, yours can be like that, only if you could start now to work with these rules that I have written below.
Though you may not see the impacts immediately, however you will notice that you have actually mended your marriage.
10 Essential rules of a happy marriage.
1) Be Committed:-
One of the essential rules of a happy marriage is to be committed to your marriage. Just like every other aspects of our lives – example health, cars, finances etc, marriage also succeeds when we give our thoughtful planning, undivided attention and planned emotional investments to it .
And things will work out fast for couples and their relationship especially if they both want it and are willing to make some sacrifices for each other.
It’s all about going out of your ways to give up something important to you just to be sure your partner is happy, in other words, you are being selfless. Again, you should know that the success or failure of your marriage is dependent on you and your spouse.
No one can come from outside to destroy it unless you permitted them. You can make up your mind that no matter what happens; you are going to settle.
Refuse to accept separation or divorce in your marriage.
When ever things start crumbling, stand your ground and move forward towards fixing it back; in that case everything will start falling in place again.
2) Enjoy Each Other’s Company:- Do you and your partner detest spending time together any more? If yes, then you are not keeping the rule of a marriage, I have seen some couples who never wanted to stay with each other for a minute, because there’s no more connection between them.
And since there’s no more feelings of deep connection with each other, the intimacy deteriorates and then the marriage begins to die down.
Some couples stopped talking to each other because they can no longer have a serious conversation without arguing.
But the secret of a happy marriage is to enjoy the company of each other. So find a way to make up and restore all the lost glory, then your relationship will survive
3) Be Bold to Say What You Don’t Want:- Even if your partner is a mind reader, there’s no way he/she will know everything that matters without you telling them.
In that case, let your spouse know your likes and dislikes.Your wants and needs too. Be bold to tell your spouse that you don’t like what he or she did, and be ready to settle every thing there and then.
Do not conceive any thing evil in your mind about your spouse.
4) See Yourselves as a Team:- Fawn Weaver in his quote say that “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork.
A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.” That simply shows that without couples putting both hands on deck, there may not be any visible success in their relationship.
there’s an affirmation that ” Two cannot work together unless they agree.” And also two heads are better than one.
When couples chose to build there team on respecting each other, there’s a great chance of success in there relationship.
The great success comes from their ability to ginger, support and strengthen each other in everything and at all times. And also focus more in making their goal achievable.
5) Be Faithful To Each Other:– Being a faithful spouse simply means being completely ready to fulfill all your “duties and obligations” to our partner.
This also implies doing what ever you can to love, respect, and support each and also be ready to share your life with each other.
Faithfulness also means being ready to bear each others burdens and also being willing to sacrifice all for the success of the relationship.
In a faithful relationship, the husband should be ready to love the wife and bed un defiled till death do them apart, and wife also be ready to submit totally to the husband.
So be faithful to your spouse and never plan to cheat. It can destroy your relationship.
6) Be Happy Every Moment:– As couples, you must learn to be happy all the time. Happiness creates the atmosphere of blessing. The absence of happiness is hatred and hatred brings separation and divorce.
7) Always Support each Other:- Support your spouse every time and in all things. No matter what he/ she decide to do, try and encourage. Even when she or he tries and fail. Never criticize.
8) Settle your Scores:– Are you amazed to hear this? Of course there are disagreements and fights in happy marriage too.However, when things look uncomfortable, you shouldn’t be quick to walk out, go to sleep, or even shut yourself inside.
Stay there as the conversation goes, not to continue the argument, but to figure out how to work it out again.
Understand that “tough times never last.”
Solving the problems immediately prevent other damages, but allowing to linger bring disconnection and then divorce.
9) Never Get Angry The Same Time:- As couples, so many things will show up to bring discord and anger. They are inevitable and common in all relationships.
Your response to the situation is what matters. Things work better when your response is positive. In all,.do not get angry at the same time; that means when your wife starts argument that can result to quarrel, don’t talk.
Leave that place immediately, don’t even try to stop her, rather chose a time when she is calm and let her know that such wouldn’t have brought a fight.
10) Forgive Easily:- You can’t talk about the recipes of a happy relationship without mentioning forgiveness.
The ability of the couples to forgive and seek for forgiveness from each other is one of the things that contributes to satisfaction in marriage and also helps to keep love alive.
Many couples get stuck in their marriage because they have not practiced forgiveness.
But forgiveness is completely necessary when you want to make any relationship successful.
So, if you have not practiced forgiveness before in your relationship, start now and watch how thing will change.
Finally, take time to do all you can to keep the rules of a marriage and you’ll see your marriage successful.
- 11Tremendeous Characteristics Of A Loving wife - October 6, 2019
- My Step Process To Help You Quit Porn For Good - October 1, 2019
- 6 Ways Of Making Out Time For Your Marriage - September 29, 2019
- Things Couples Do Together To Be Strong - September 23, 2019
- 9 Interesting Ways To Be A Good Wife And Mother - September 16, 2019
- 27 Interesting Wedding Vow Examples For Her - September 7, 2019
- 9 Super Actionable Steps To Get Married Prepared - September 4, 2019
- 8 Dangers of pornography To Couples and marriage - August 31, 2019
- 8 Cool ways to Romance Your Wife Again. - August 28, 2019
- 15 Important Things To Consider When Dating to Marry - August 18, 2019