Is there really a way to have a fabulous wedding on a budget?
Here’s why I ask that funny question
Whenever you attend a wedding ceremony or pick up a wedding magazine, you’ll almost want to call off your own wedding planning, because what you saw will make you think you have to break a bank to have a successful wedding.
But that’s not true.
The truth is that you can really have fabulous wedding on a budget and I will show you how in this post.
Really spending billions of money for a wedding it is not a big deal to those that have it. But if you cannot afford it, then it is time to look for an alternative.
If what you desire is to have a fabulous and yet cost effective wedding, then this post is for you, because I will show you step by step on how to do just that in a minute.
Wedding is once in your life time.
A wedding day is always a great and happiest day for every couple, and so there’s need to be pretty creative in your planning so as to get a great wedding without exceeding your budget.
Though I know the fact that you want have an amazing event, after all it is one of the happiest day of your life, but you simply should not go bankrupt because of it.
Now let me show you
This post is just to guide your steps into how you can save cost and still have your dream wedding.
If you are ready, then let’s ride on.
HOW TO HAVE A FABULOUS WEDDING ON A BUDGET
1) Have a budget: – It doesn’t matter how much you have to throw around for your wedding, if you don’t have careful planning, money saving tricks and a budget, you will definitely spend more than you want.
But believe me when I told you that you can have a perfect wedding on any budget you have.
Your first step should be to have an agreement between you and your partner about the type of wedding you want.
Is it a picnic party with few friends, Or do state wedding with all your friends? There are different types of wedding out there.
Decide on the overall feel you desire for the wedding- the look, the people, the emotions- everything that will add color to it.
I implore you to imagine those weddings you’ve attended before, can you figure them out and describe them in just one word.
From there you can have idea of what you actually want. Would it be a little step higher than your cousins wedding you attended last time or lower?
Now it’s time to sit down with your spouse and figure out how much you want to and willing to spend.
Find and affordable venue, and then decide on the numbers of people you want to invite.
It will not cost you anything to make a budget, but it will help you prioritized on what’s more important for your celebration and how to get then cheap.
2) Venue: – Choosing a good venue can cost you a lot. Simply put, one big area to save money during wedding is from the venue.
A wedding venue means different things to different people, but most people see it as a place for reception, and for ceremony.
Venue selection is actually one of the first things to do when you are planning for the big day; all other planning depends on that.
To choose a good venue on budget, here are few steps to take.
Avoid getting married on Saturday:- Everyone know Saturday as the most common day for wedding, and trust me it is convenient, and most people are used to it.
Because of that, it has become the most expensive day to get married. If you decide to choose the weekdays, you can get close to 50% discount.
Although choosing a less popular date will prevent most of your guests from coming, but your closer friends and family may attend.
3) Forget the Big City: – Venues are priced higher in the cities and so look for anyone that is outside the city to get a good deal.
Here’s What to do
a) Negotiate well: –
Get offer from different venues and use what you get for your advantage, and remember not to tell them it’s for wedding until you get a good price quotation.
Make you reception small, and plan an after wedding party: – You can decide to have a low key reception with your close friends and family and maybe have a party after your honey moon.
You will save a lot of money if you do it like that.
b) Ask a friend: –
If you know any of your friends that have a very big backyard, you can ask to use it for your reception.
4) Videographer and photographer:- It is true the cost for a video coverage and photography will not be compared to other things, but you can still cut something reasonable that can make up for other things.
Yes you need a clear reminder of every emotion and moments of the day, but hiring a professional may be expensive.
Consider using someone that’s just starting up in their career or someone that shoots occasions for part time.
5) Cut down your guest List: – Although you have so many friends and relatives, and you may be tempted to include all of them in your guest list, but that may not be a good idea.
Remember that any additional name into your list means additional cost.
Many people do fall into this trap; we make our list large to the extent that we invite people we don’t know too well, because we felt obligated to that.
However, if you really want save more and still have a fabulous wedding ceremony, then start cutting down your list by 25%.
6) Involve friends and family in the planning:– Including your family and friends during your wedding planning could be the best decision you make: Two heads they say is better than one, the ideas you can get from them can go a long way in helping you plan a successful and yet on a budget wedding.
Example- They may advice you on where to get some cheap deals, some good gifts and may be nice venue for very cheap price.
7) Do some things by yourself:- One of the things that takes a lot of money during wedding planning is the invitation card; am not talking about the distribution, but the printing.
My sincere advice is that you should use a simpler method (e-invite). It is such a simple and fast means of reaching your contact,
All you’ll do is write a letter and forward it to your contacts through the mail.
It will help you cut some costs.
7) Forget about impressing anybody:- “Your wedding is not about your wedding but about your marriage”.
From my observations, people’s motivation when planning their wedding is about impressing others and make them believe they are capable; Remember you still have a life to live after the wedding.
If you spend all you have to plan your wedding because you want to impress your friends because you want the occasion to be like that of your friends, then what happens when the wedding is over and you don’t have means of making ends meet?
There’s a life to live after your wedding; if you plan to use all you have to plan your wedding, what happens after that?
But, you don’t really have to use all you have; Use these simple Ideas I listed in this post and you can still have a fabulous wedding on a budget. You don’t have to go bankrupt to get what you want