If you are wondering how to raise your children in a toxic environment, then you are obviously not alone.
The truth is that there are so many factors that can make your parenting skills fail woefully if you are not careful.
However, we will be looking at the impact of socially toxic environment on the children.
Study conducted using 3562 and above children in 2007, actually shows that the quality of the environment matters greatly in raising children.
This is because children are influenced greatly by what they see or hear, that’s why if you fight a lot with your partner, your child will grow with that and starts beating his wife too.
If you want to raise good children in such an environment, then here are ways to go about it.
How To Raise Your Children In Toxic Environment.
1) Show examples: – The first contact of every child is the immediate families.
They start their early learning from what they see or hear the family members do.
That means you are the child’s first teacher.
To train up decent children in any environment, then you have to brace yourself as the role model.
Show the child how to talk, walk, and eat better from the ways you do things yourself and they will never depart from it.
However, if you shout, nag, fight, steal, and gossip, watch out and see your child doing the same as they grow.
2) Teach them the ways of the Lord early in their life: – Proverbs 22 – 6, say “Train up a child in the ways they should go, and when they grow up they will never depart from it”.
Simply put, you always have the task of showing your child his future from their early stage.
The only way you can show then that will be profitable to them is the way of the Lord.
Proverbs 4: 20- 24 ” My son, give attention to my words;
20 Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes;
21Keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them,
22 And health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence,
23 For out of it spring the issues of life.
Show your children to walk in the ways of the Lord so they will not disappoint you when they grow up, because the word of God will help them understand how to treat people, respect, defend themselves and everything they should know about life.
3) Prepare your child for the neighborhood: – As your child starts growing, their next contact is the neighborhood, and there are lots of dangers out there.
There are dangers like – traffic, bullying, sexual harassment, kidnapping and playground accidents.
Your job as the parents is to prepare them to embrace the challenges of the environment effectively.
Here is little way to do that.
- Intimate them about the environment:- make them familiar with the immediate environment, people and places in the vicinity.
- Set boundaries:- Always let them know how far they should and shouldn’t go in the vicinity.
- Pay close attention:- Don’t suppose that you have thought them all they should know; you still have to also monitor how they mingle with the environment.
5) Watch out the friends they make: – Try and monitor the type of friends they keep from their tender age.
Remember that evil company destroys good manners.
It doesn’t matter how much values you implemented in them, if they mingle with bad people, they’ll be corrupted.
So be on the watch to know who their friends are. Truth is that you may not go with then always but they will still remember what you taught them as the day goes by.
6) Be there for them always: – Some parents are too busy that they have little or no time for their children.
Fact is that when you are not there, someone else may take your position and probably impact them negatively.
Being present is the same as paying attention to them.
Raising your children in a toxic environment requires almost the same attention you put into your marriage to make it successful, the same attention you put into your job, business as well as your cars.
Study conducted in 2014, proved that children that received care from their parents, behaves better than the others.
Always pay attention to all they care about, give them ears to whatever they want to say and give advice when necessary.
Finally, it is very possible to raise your children in a toxic environment.
It all depends on how you lay your foundation. You really have to imbibe whatever you want your child to be at the earlier stages of his life.
That is when you will get the result you want.
If this post helped you to solve your parenting problems, please, share with your friends using the share buttons
I am still your friend Ikenna Uchegbu.
See you at the top.
- 9 Interesting Ways To Be A Good Wife And Mother - September 16, 2019
- 27 Interesting Wedding Vow Examples For Her - September 7, 2019
- 9 Super Actionable Steps To Get Married Prepared - September 4, 2019
- 8 Dangers of pornography To Couples and marriage - August 31, 2019
- 8 Cool ways to Romance Your Wife Again. - August 28, 2019
- 15 Important Things To Consider When Dating to Marry - August 18, 2019
- Effective Ways to Deal with problems in marriage - August 5, 2019
- Dating Your Spouse again Using These 9 Simple Step - July 28, 2019
- 14 Sure Proofs You have Found Your Soulmate. - July 20, 2019
- 11 Essential Rules of A Happy Marriage . - July 9, 2019