It has been investigated and proven that having a happy spouse can be good for your health.
Simply put, if your spouse is not happy, then try whatever you should to make him /her happy,: that’s if you are interested in having a good health, and I know you do.
Why am I saying all these?
From the earlier studies, it was discovered that feeling happy, satisfied, and general well being are all linked to successful physical health.
However, quoting from the article published in American health psychology after taking a survey using one hundred and eighty one (181) heterosexual couples and also from questioning older American whose happiness were ascertained through periodic assessment since 1992, it was also clearly seen that a happy spouse can affect you positively.
Obviously, you will agree with me that when you have a happy spouse, you’ll get special encouragement and supports from him/her, and they can advise you to get good exercises too. All these helps in improving your health.
Again, when you surround yourself with happy people, you’ll also be infested with happiness.
Question is how you make your spouse happy so your health?
Here’s how :-}}
How to make your spouse happy and improve your health.
1) Make yourself happy first:- Happiness is contagious, and like attract like.
If you want a happy spouse, you’ve got to make yourself happy first.
What you should do is to take enough time in making yourself happy.
It may entail finding some enjoyable things and engage yourself in it.
If you are not happy with your job, then quit from it and if your friends are making you unhappy or are unhappy themselves, then find happy friends: just do anything possible to be the happiest person you can.
If your partner is not happy because of her past relationship or lifestyles, or anything outside your marriage, then encourage him or her to work on him/herself too, and if there’s need to see the therapist that helps people recover from their past trauma, also encourage him or her to go.
2) Support and always encourage your spouse:- Supporting your partner means so many things. According to the studies done by the university of Iowa, it could be physical, emotional, it could also means listening and showing some empathy, it could also means holding your partners hands, hugging as well as helping helping him or her take serious decisions.
The greatest complaint we get from our clients is about getting little or no supports from the partner, and so if your spouse isn’t happy, then she may be lacking supports from you as well.
You may need to ask to know what she/her needs from you, and you also need to let your partner know that you need support: never, imagine him/ her to be a mind reader.
Give encouraging words, it will restore security in him/her as well as happiness and remember a happy spouse makes a happy and healthy spouse too.
3) Remind him/her you appreciate them:- After a long time in relationship, those feelings of passion start dwindling, complacency starts setting in, and that could be pretty dangerous to your relationship, so do everything you can to get it back.
Study shows that it is not big thing that makes a marriage work, but the little things we do daily.
Appreciation, gift, touches and hugging are the little things that makes marriage great.
Always let your partner know that you feel good for any little thing and not only when they do something great.
4) Fix your stress:- If you have a stressful life, there’s tendency that you will always nag, shout or be angry at your partner often, and such will cause fights between the two of you.
You have to get your stress under control first before you succeed in making your spouse happy.
5) Respond to your partners needs:- Marriages succeeds when each partners needs are not toyed with, but taken care of.
Although you cannot change from who you are just to meet your spouses needs, however, you should try and make some sacrifices in other to accommodate your spouse.
The truth is that everyone of us have a core need and we can’t be relaxed until they are met.
Understand what your partners needs are and always respond fast to them, that will make them happy and always ready to join hand in making your relationship better.
Finally. If you are ready to improve your health, then your partners happiness must be your priorities, remember your marriage is not about you, but about your spouse.
Once you succeed in bringing joy and happiness to your marriage again, then be ready to get supports and more encouragement from your partner.
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019