So many articles have been written on how to have a happy marriage, but not on how to have a happy marriage with a narcissist. Today, I am going to give you a clear and easy steps how you could do just that.
If you are reading this article now, that means you a probably married a narcissist, your friend or someone you know married one, you are planning to marry and don’t want to marry someone like that. This write up will solve your problem.
However, if you are not sure of who a narcissist is, and then let me tell you a little about it.
Who is a Narcissist? –
A narcissist is someone who is always very full of himselves(self-importance) they love to dominate in thing like prestige, vanity and power. One thing about them is the inability to understand the damages they are inflicting to others around them or even themselves.
I am sure you now have a little knowledge of who a narcissist is. Does that describe the character of your man? Then you have nothing to fear. The step by step tips will guide you into having a successful and happy marriage your narcissist spouse.
Steps to have a happy marriage with your narcissist spouse
Write down your reasons:-
It is not an easy job to live with a narcissist, but if you have made of your mind not to leave that narcissist you love, then you must take a note pad and a pen and write down 3 reasons why you love and not want to lose him or her.
These are the lists you will continually look at when the going becomes though and then get refreshed in the things you have planned to have in the near future time..
Your list may look something like this
- I have made up my mind to stay with my spouse through good and bad times.
- I know that my spouse is a wonderful person and will be superb in near future.
- As I remember the love that brought us together in the beginning, I promise to stand firm in my marriage.
Tell God About it:
You must know that only God has the power to change situation. Prayer is the only weapon we have to talk to God so why not tell God about your spouse’s challenge and believe things will change. It will definitely change.
Know what to negotiate with your spouse and the best negotiating style to adopt:
One thing the narcissist believes is that they know everything, and never go wrong. There may be some behaviors that will repel you, what is best for you to do is to overlook it, just allow it to slide.
Whenever you want to talk about anything, you must know the best time to do so and the best strategy to use. Always start your negotiations with the key convincing words. You have few minutes to get his/her attention. Never argue.
Tell your spouse how your marriage is slowly going down because of his/her lifestyle.
Don’t be surprised to see your spouse responding slowly to what you said.
Upgrade your self-esteem:-
It is obvious your self-esteem is challenged because your narcissist spouse is constantly wanted to have his ways every moment and not yours. Nevermind, just bring out your “Note” and you will remember that you are bent on having a happy marriage with narcissist.
Choose to say nice things to yourself at all time. That will help to re-affirm your faith in your spouse.
You must always understand that the change may not be imminent, but you are sure the change must come since you are committed in doing the things you are supposed to do to stay happily married with the narcissist you love so much.
- 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married - March 11, 2019
- How to set Realistic Marriage Goals for your Relationship - March 4, 2019
- Definitive Advice on how to get Pre-marriage Counseling before marriage - February 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Say to Your Wife to Encourage and Make her Feel Loved - February 17, 2019
- 10 Couple Valentine’s Day Ideas for you and your Partner - February 11, 2019
- 20 Super Relationship Facts to Always have in Mind. - February 9, 2019
- How to Be More Happy at Home - February 4, 2019
- Maintaining 5 Things you can do if you quit people/Relationships easily. - February 1, 2019
- Married Life: 5 Interesting Ways to Have a Fabulous Marriage Life. - January 26, 2019
- Understanding the roles of husband and Wife in problem solving - January 22, 2019