The presence of trust in any marriage is the evident that the marriage will be a happy one and will last very much longer.
If you think you have tried everything to make your marriage stronger the way it used to be and have not achieved your aim, then you must try building trust. It is the most fundamental way of bringing growth and happiness to any crumbling marriage.
Most marriages that crumbles did so because they lack this fundamental thing called trust Once trust starts lacking in any relationship, then the relationship is bound to tear apart in a matter of time.
These are some important ways to build back trust in your marriage
Never hide anything from your spouse. Always remember that one day those things that are hidden will be revealed.
Having secret brings destruction to trust, Once your partner knows you hid something from him or her, it usually look the same as lying to him also. People detest lies. My wife is number one of them.
One of the secrets she thought me that made my marriage to become a powerful one is to say the truth at all times and in all things. Lies require another lie to cover up. That is why I think it’s better to devote more time in building your family than building secrets and lies.
Ask for forgiveness all the time.
Whenever trust is broken in a relationship that means one of the people involved has gone astray. If you are the one, the most important thing you must do in other to gain the trust and confidence back is to ask for forgiveness. Let the request come from the innermost part of your heart.
Never deem it a hard task to repent of your wrongs and ask for forgiveness.
Never Promise Without fulfilling it.
You made so many promises to your spouse and never fulfilled it. Your spouse asked you to help fix the light in the kitchen and you promised to do so, and yet you did not. You even promised to get some important things she needed for herself and yet for more than one month you refused to do it.
All these will affect the trust and the next day when you make a promise and know in your heart that you will fulfill it, your spouse will definitely take it as one of those promises.
When you breached trust in your marriage, then you must try and do those things that will make your spouse know that you have truly repented from the mistakes and have changed.
The first thing for you to do when you fall victim of distrust is to make plans to rebuild it. Consider the areas you failed in and promise never to fail again.
Tell your spouse to be on the lookout on you. Let him or her know he can hold you accountable by your promises to change.
Never Give Up:
It is usually not a day job to build trust back whenever it is broken. It is definitely easy to destroy than to build. It will take time to believe that you are actually working on building trust. This is why you will never give up the fight even when it looks like things are not changing.
Hope this helps.
- 5 Seriously interesting ways to sustain UN-ending romance in marriage - August 10, 2017
- 5 Important ways to revive your marriage sex life - July 22, 2017
- 8 Important decisions that will boost your Marriage - July 11, 2017
- 23 Red Hot Bible Verses to navigate your marriage Storms - June 27, 2017
- Couples Finance: 4 business Any couple can do from their bedroom - June 17, 2017
- 8 Common mistakes Of the Newlywed and how to Avoid it - June 10, 2017
- 67 Amazing Love and Marriage quotes to spice up marriage - May 15, 2017
- 10 Wedding Planning Mistakes to Avoid now - April 1, 2017
- 9 simple but not mostly used ways to ensure the success of your marriage - March 25, 2017
- 27 Marriage articles that will guide your steps in Marriage - March 11, 2017