Obviously, you are about to make the greatest investment of your life and you will not want to make mistakes, you want to be sure that you have all it takes to make your marriage rewarding, and successful. That’s why you are reading this post.
1) Don’t Be Afraid.
It is a known fact that marriage is not such an easy task and it requires that you devote more time and commitment to make it work.
Knowing how to make your relationship work well could be the best decision you made. At least you will know what to do when the time comes.
9 Step by Steps To Get Marriage Prepared..
1. Understand what you want:-
When getting marriage, you are committing to live and build a life with someone that’s not a blood relation and it’s for better and for worse and for your life time.
In that case you should make sure you know exactly what you want in a marriage, before you take such steps, else, you’ll blame yourself when.the time comes.
Part of the ways of ensuring that you do not regret in future is to clearly understand how to make your marriage strong, and how it can last the test of time lies. in understanding what and who you are getting committed to.
In other word, if you want to prevent some hiccups in your journey, take your time to meditate on the steps you want to take.
Here’s what to Do
- What’s your intentions for marriage:-
What are your reasons for getting married? probably there’s pressure from family and friends or because your friends are getting married fast.
What are your goals:-
What really are your goals for your marriage? Funny enough, people have different goals for their relationship.
But you must have realistic goals for your Marriage in other to succeed.
- Pre marriage meeting with your prospect:-
Date your would be partner before marriage, so you know if you are compatible with each other.
2. Attend Marriage Classes:-
If you want to get married prepared, then you can chose to attend to some marriage classes.
Many churches and communities offer free marriage training for both the married and the singles. There, you will learn some skills to succeed in your relationship.
You should not wait until you marry or have problems to attend the class, learning all before going into.marriage will help you not to repeat many of the pitfalls many couples see in their marriage.
You can also see a marriage counselor, they will.guide you through what marriage really is or is not.
3) Read Marriage Help Materials:-
There are many great materials like – video, audio, kindled and books out there on marriage that you can help you understand what you are about to do.
Read them now to it will help you get married prepared and fast. Don’t wait till you run into challenges to read.
Here are the list of some interesting books on marriage.
4). Personal Growths Will Pay:-
Look inward and observe were you need a personal maturity and work on them, because, marriage is not for babes.
Check this out
- If you are shot tempered, then try to work on it. E.g. Be slow in judging people and have respect for people also.
- If you know that you are someone irrational during arguments, then you will need to grow up too.
- Work on your bad behaviours for a change.
- Take good care of yourself, you have to love yourself before others will love you too.
- Learn new skills. If you don’t know how to cook, then learn it, learn communication skills and make necessary improvements where need be.
5) Solve your unresolved childhood issues:-
There’s need to take care of all your old baggage, those unresolved childhood issues. Those childhood issues can jeopardise and sink.your relationship.
Your unresolved issues are those issues you need to tackle before you marry. Maybe you are living like your your parents were in their own marriage, your past relationship or so many other things bothered you in the past can also pose some probems for you too.
If you wish to get married prepared then you don’t need them as you go into your next relationship. Let them go now.
6). Have relationships and Date:-
Although so many people believe in dating one person at a time, But experts said that it could beneficial to you to date many, if you want to know who is right or wrong for you.
Here is how Fran Walfish a couple and family psychotherapist, puts it agrees, “having good numbers of relationship experience and baselines of comparison gives you some point of reference when it comes to your future spouse”.
In other word, have dates and relationship to gain more experiences or what it is all about.
7). Learn From Your Past Relationship Mistakes:-
If you had relationships in the past that didn’t succeed, then it’s time you look to know what went wrong. Where did you make the mistakes that cost you your marriage? Are there thing you didn’t do better or you over did, or neglected?
Those are the important questions to ask yourself. When you find the answers, think of what you can do to make your new relationships better.
8) Spend Time With Your Parents:-
If your parents are still alive, then this is the best time to spend quality time with them and pay good attention to some of their advice and get their blessings too.
Whatever, advice you will get from them, will help you achieve your dreams in life.
9) Be financially Sound:-
If you spend so much now as a single, then you should make plans to change, as you are getting married soon.
If you are having some outstanding debts, then plan to settle them before the time of marriage and cultivate the habit of saving.
Plan to invest also. These things will make you financially okay and relaxed when the time comes.
Finally, Take your time to do the necessary things that will help you have the type of marriage you desire. No one can do them for you unless you.
And when you enter your relationship sound, you will see the joy of marriage, because your partner will also bring his/ her best also.
- 9 Ways To Have A Sexy Wedding Night - February 2, 2020
- Why You Should Take a Break In Your Relationship? - January 23, 2020
- 5 Ways To Have A Thriving Christian Marriage - January 8, 2020
- 7 Good Things To Teach Your Dating Teens - December 16, 2019
- How To Quit Porn With Covenant Eyes App - November 16, 2019
- Reasons Your Wife Doesn’t Want To Have Sex - November 11, 2019
- How To Solve Your Marriage Problems Fast - November 6, 2019
- 7 Important Pray Points To Pray For Marriages - October 31, 2019
- 37 Inspirational Quotes On Marriage For You - October 24, 2019
- My 8 Sincere Advice To All The Single Ladies - October 21, 2019